AZ Desert Grow Journal

My very first run was ww seeds that were easily 15 yrz old. 7 of 7 sprouted!

3 Likes

The seeds were 40+ years old and I got three seedlings from 60ish seeds. Hopefully, Iā€™ll be able to save some seeds from one of the two plantsā€¦keep the memories alive.

6 Likes

Nice, you two! Well then, I especially for a time I wonā€™t be concerned about seeds I purchased within the past few months that Iā€™ve packed into amber glass jars with rice and placed into the warmer and lower humidity (25%) area of the fridge.

2 Likes

I collect seeds like Iā€™m preparing for Red Dawn!! My vegetable seed collection is crazy out of control, I canā€™t wait to start collecting MJ seedsā€¦Wolverines!!!

5 Likes

@DefNSmokn my two indica and two Sunday Stallion plants are in full flower, buds are getting thicker each day. My Tombstone and Texas Chem are starting to confuse me. The buds arenā€™t getting thicker, theyā€™re just getting tallerā€¦are they still flowering?? Thanks

3 Likes

It looks like they may be revegging, the single finger leafs from the new growth on top is usually a good sign of reveg. Its not fully back into veg mode yet it doesnt look like. They will go back into flower after summer solstice.

1 Like

If things end up working out and they go back into flower in July, you may well have some monster plants!

3 Likes

I took a couple of clones from each plant. The clones were flowering when I cut them from their motherā€™s and it took about 3 weeks for them to root and return to vegetation. I used supplemental lighting on the outside plants and I didnā€™t get the same results as the clones. Iā€™m feeding the plants for both growth and flower because I have no clue which direction they are heading. I have 3 plants that have outgrown their cage and Iā€™m using twine to hold up the branches. If thereā€™s a chance they are going to return to vegetation Iā€™m going to add the second cage. Next year Iā€™m going to match the inside light to the outside light before transplanting. I read this forum nightly and this is a common issueā€¦one that I donā€™t plan on repeating!! Thanks again everyone for the help.

1 Like

I snapped a couple of pictures this morning to ask your opinion. Iā€™ve never grown MJ and the change in growth is very subtle. The buds appeared to be growing from within, just getting a little fatter each day. Recently the tops started stretching upward not outward.

Sunday Stallion, this just started to happen.

Texas Chem and Tombstone

4 Likes

Theyā€™re just starting to stack the nugs! Theyā€™re doing great :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, I guess Iā€™ll start adding the second cage.

2 Likes

Your going to see lots of different growth, unless you have grown this outdoors for 3 to 4 years , you wonā€™t know what you haveā€¦
I tend to stock plants for 2 to 3 yearsā€¦
if itā€™s possible for me ā€¦
And this is indoorsā€¦
But now we have full recā€¦
Holy $hhhiiiiiitttttttā€¦
For realā€¦ ? :flushed::thinking::partying_face::smile::rofl::joy::grin::upside_down_face::wink::shushing_face::smirk::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::smirk:
At least 2 to 3 years to figure out if you can pull it off with the amount of potency and yieldā€¦
Anything less than that, is just a guessā€¦
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Is that the walkway to your front door? :grin: Very nice mj bushes! :+1:

1 Like

Are they making new white pistils? Or are the existing white pistils turning brown and retracting?

1 Like

My first year growing MJ, but this soil is 10 years of composting! Tomatoes are 2ft deep and 6ft tall. My cover crops are cilantro, spinach and lettuceā€¦:wink: I think cloves work best, but Iā€™m sticking with something I know and easy for me to read if I make a mistake with feeding.

4 Likes

:rofl:ā€¦No, I use a ton of black plastic. Once I add the second cage Iā€™m going to plant watermelon to the soil area as the cover crop.

2 Likes

On point my friendā€¦
Lookin like fireā€¦
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Texas Chem, the pistols are mostly white with a couple of reds. Iā€™ll need to observe them a couple of days to answer the question correctly. I was looking at the leaves not the pistols, sorry.

2 Likes

Lucky for me I live in the sticks and have no clue what Iā€™m doing! It smells like Iā€™m breeding skunks!!!

5 Likes

Bahahahaha!!! I love it!!

2 Likes