AZ Desert Grow Journal

There’s a couple swollen calyx I’m sure if you got pollen on em there will be seeds. I sure miss growing outside I wasn’t ever able to grow in my yard like that I grew out in the woods, but I’d get some monsters. Being able to care for them every day you’ll kill it

2 Likes

I was naive in my approach to growing and assumed I had done enough research. I assumed the plants wouldn’t flower if they received 12 or more hours of light. Next year I’ll gradually lower the total amount of indoor light until it matches the actual sunlight hours. I’ll also wait to top my next crop until after they reach 4ft in height and a total height of 5ft before transplanting. Lesson learned this year.

2 Likes

Training outside is almost none like you’re saying top them tall so they’ll have plenty of branches. I would only go visit mine once a month or so and really didn’t know what I was walking into if there was anything there at all between the two and four legged animals never understood why someone would cut my damn plant down and take it before a single bud started growing

1 Like

Saturday morning brunch with the girls. (50 gallons)

1 Like

Any recommendations on how much longer before harvest? Thanks

@plumbdand @MeEasy @Hoppiefrog @peachfuzz @FlatLander @Calizona @Cannabian

3 Likes

Kinda hard to tell from that pic , but it looks like you might still have a few young pistols in there…
Lookin good and frosty tho…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Get the jewelers loop or a mini microscope. Itll help ten fold.

1 Like

I got this one and its been great

2 Likes

Do you have a loupe or magnifying glass to get close ups of the trichomes and do you have pictures of the whole plant.

1 Like

Sorry just scrolled back and saw plant pictures

That’s what I used, I’ll try again in the morning when I figure out how to use it :thinking:.

1 Like

I’ll try again in the morning. It was 107 and I was trying to get out of the heat!! :fire::fire::fire: I just got the wireless microscope and was testing out. I’m sure the plant isn’t even close, but I’d like to have a better understanding what to look for come harvest time.

3 Likes

Just brought all the girls, one by one, into the house to water and defol. Too dang hot in the guesthouse. My side room is fine but then I lose all my microclimate. Singing the summertime blues already. Hahaha!

2 Likes

I feel your pain brother…
When the weather Channel says it’s gonna be 121 degrees, that really means 131 in the shade in my neck of the wood’s… :flushed::angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Without a microscope shot it’s hard to say,but I aim for 15-30% Amber’s as much as 35-40% for hash making indicas

2 Likes

I feel like Riddick! Outside at 3:00am to avoid the heat. I took a couple of morning pictures.

4 Likes

Which strain is this one? From my experience with these GPS strains that use the Stardawg father, takes a good 10 weeks of flower to really mature, but those have been indoor. Outdoor may finish sooner? The look good and frosty!

1 Like

This plant came from bag seed I collected in the late 70’s. My dad was stationed in Germany and hash was the most common smoke at the time. I was lucky to find a bag of weed and I kept all the seeds from that bag. Marijuana became legal in AZ, so I germinated those vintage seeds and was able to grow two plants.

3 Likes

I have some seeds my dad made in The 90s. Jack herer/Acapulco gold 50/50. And some classic Northern cali og kush. I am going to plant them outdoors next season!

3 Likes

The seeds lasted that long?

2 Likes