AZ Desert Grow Journal

Yep, that’s it! :laughing:

1 Like

Like make sure the light from HLG is not less than 500w from the wall. That way you can go from seed to harvest if you want. 600 watts and up can make pro level plants. 350 to 450w will work but the bud sizes and plant sizes will be much less impressive.
For starting plants to get them worthy of the outside garden a light in the 300-450w range is perfect.
Make sure the lamp is the watts stated from the wall, ie. 6 amps at 120v etc. Equals 720 watts from the socket.
The problem with Amazon is that they have no morals when it comes to vendors and their advertizing. Common techniques include x2000 grow light, or replaces 1200 watt hid. All bullshit!

2 Likes

I think the HLG 600R checks all the blocks, but I’ll verify the output from the wall. I’m going to flower a male and female Texas Chem while I’m waiting for the outdoor plants to return to vegetation. I’m also going to try and grow an Auto Bruce Banner…learn as I grow🤞

2 Likes

This morning I took a couple of pictures of the plants. These girls appear to still be in vegetation.

3 Likes

These girls appear to have settled into flowering.

7 Likes

Well if all goes well, and they do not try to revert back to veg, which it doesnt seem like they are going to, you should have some good early bud! Lol

1 Like

@plumbdand @Calizona @peachfuzz, do you have any recommendations for outdoor AZ bloom nutrients? I understand how to increase the sugar content in watermelon, but no clue how to sweeten MJ fruits.

I make my own soil every year I don’t need to use any additional nutes unless I start noticing deficiencies then I address them at that time. I do have some FF trio liquid nutes just in case but I’ve never had to use any of it.

1 Like

I’m not sure what soil my daughter started off with…
But I have her adding bone meal , and blood meal and a all purpose 8-8-8 , all dyr amendments…
We shall see how it goes… :+1::wink::green_heart:
:v::sunglasses:

Thank you for the reply. I too make my own soil and when adding nutrients I use meals and chicken manure. I made the assumption marijuan was a heavy feeder which required additional nutrients. I use bag soil for seedlings, then plant directly into the ground. My plants are very dark green and I just wanted to double check that they didn’t need something to assist with the bloom. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Cannabis is usually a heavy potassium feeder in bloom and the need for nitrogen tends to drop a bit after the stretch in bloom.

1 Like

I’m gonna transplant plant mine directly in the ground inside 2 greenhouses witch are right next to my duck pond/chicken coop. Pond is 30x25x4ft deep its been there 14 years has no liner I dig it out every other year or so and put the spoils into my garden.

2 Likes

I raise chickens and pigs, so I needed to figure out a way to dispose of the waste. I feed the pig manure to the chickens and they scratch through it in minutes. I then layer the chicken manure with brown/green vegetation, pine shavings, egg shells, feathers, mesquite beans and ash all year long. At the end of the Winter I till all the compost I collected back into the garden. Typically I struggle with getting my plants to flower and I need to add fish bloom to encourage flowering. My MJ plants aren’t having any of the issues I have with my vegetables, hopefully when the horn worms arrive they won’t feel the need to eat the buds.

4 Likes

I got the HLG600R installed in the tent. I’m going to use my old T5 lights in the greenhouse to attempt a Winter grow. The outdoor plants are growing well, so I’m hoping I might be able to harvest something this year :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

The 10th of June 5:00am photo shoot.

1970’s bag seed. It’s a small bush, with fat sticky buds.

6 Likes

The buds on the Tombstone are a little thin and with minimal red hairs… I think they just need more time.

5 Likes

Oh yeah they’re all pretty young the desert sun will pump em up nicely. I’ve grown a ton of weed in the desert and some strains do better than others but weed plants are definitely sun lovers and as long as you can keep em watered they love the desert sun. Check out bio-char it really helps with the dead desert soil

2 Likes

The Sunday Stallion bushes are sticky and smelling like a field of skunks!!

4 Likes

Texas Chem and Tombstone are out growing their cages, time to add a second cage for these three girls.

5 Likes

Today we hit 100 degrees!! The leaves on my bushes are dark green, no curls, no yellowing, no brown tips and there’s new growth. I’m having a ton of fun with my first grow, next year I’ll hopefully go from bushes to trees. I grew out a couple of males in my tent and collected the pollen. I used the pollen on a couple of buds and marked the branches that received the pollen. What do you think, is the girl with child??

5 Likes