AZ Desert Grow Journal

A couple of days of monsoon rain and the plants are revealing how little I know about weed.

Auto Bruce Banner

4 Likes

Potted Texas Chem is still standing without a cage…miracle with the wind and rain.

7 Likes

I can’t wait to see what this Tombstone is going to look like in a couple of months.

9 Likes

The garden plants must have reached the layer of chicken poop. They have just taken off! They’ve outgrown their cages😳

12 Likes

There’s no hiding the smell, the rain and heat is making the entire property smell like :skunk::flushed:

10 Likes

I cant wait to see that Tombstone either!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

This is my garden Tombstone, are these stalks forming normally? My Texas Chem and Auto Bruce Banner are tight and forming one singular bud. My Tombstone plants are 8 months old and I won’t be harvesting any time soon, so maybe they’ll get fuller.

3 Likes

Looks like the reveg probably messed up your pretty bud formations. Its ok, just looks weird

2 Likes

My first grow, I’ll be happy with ugly bud😉

1 Like

It’s been raining for 5 straight days! Next year I’m going to need to work on building better cages😉

10 Likes

Got some BIG OL PLANTS

4 Likes

Sometimes you can graft the broken branch back on with some aloe and teflon tape wrapped around it to hold it back in place.

5 Likes

The rain has been amazing! Made no difference on my grow being inside, but every plant,tree, bush, weed, etc. in my yard is twice as big.

5 Likes

Without doubt.

Two days ago we got over 2” of rain in an hour that broke a lower branch on one of my plants. Luckily the branch still had somewhat of a connection to the main stalk, but just barely.

I was out there right after the rain stopped, seen the break and went for some rubber covered wire (made for plant support), electrical tape and aloe vera, all of which I had on hand.

I applied some aloe vera and used the wire to hold the branch somewhat into position so I could use the electrical tape. Because of the angle it was kinda “wonky” but I must’ve got lucky because there has been no drooping on that branch, which is probably over 2’ long.

Actually that branch hasn’t missed a beat, turning back up from the beat down all of my plants received from the rain, not to mention the 50 mph winds that came at the start of the storm.

5 Likes

I split two plants right down the middle they day I planted them in the ground. I used Gorilla Tape to bring the two halves back together, never skipped a beat👍

4 Likes

How do you store a harvest? Hypothetically, how do you store 10lbs of weed??

5 Likes

I didn’t have any branches break this time, but I did trim some lower branches. I have a short fat indica bush that was compacted by the rain. I removed a couple of lower branches to prevent any mold.

4 Likes

If I had 10lbs…9 would be stored in heat sealed grove bags in a cool place…possibly the freezer…possibly just in empty closet space…the other elbow gonna stay out for smokeage

3 Likes

Silly question, one once per bag? Or go bigger?

2 Likes

Bigger for sure. More space and less bags overall

2 Likes