Average yields specified

Hey! In your descriptions for each seed, is the average yield based off each plant?

It is the yield for each plant in an ideal growing environment. I wouldn’t count on it for a yield estimation for a hobby grower.

The estimation is only useful for making a relative comparison against other strains.

3 Likes

So when it says 5-15 oz, that’s not per plant?

1 Like

Sometimes its a per plant guess, and other times they list as a 3x3 or square meter area.
The bottom line is its totally unpredictable. If you grow photo period instead of autos you can usually get a consistent yield from a grow space.

What would you like to achieve?

3 Likes

Maximium yield with minimum effort. First time so I went with autos so I had less chance to botch it.

2 Likes

Contrary to popular belief, autos can be difficult to grow. They can be more sensitive to nutrient levels, you never know when they are going to flower and are therefore more difficult to train, and in general are more twitchy to change.

Experienced growers do fine with them, but beginning growers often struggle with them.

5 Likes

Eeek. What is easiest for a new grower? That also yields well?

White Widow photoperiod plants are quite hardy.

3 Likes

I also found OG kush to be very hardy.

Your yield will be far, far more dependent on the environment you provide for the plant than it is what strain it is. If you are selecting strains based on possible yield, then you are not looking in the right place. The primary differences between strains are the strain’s terpine profile, CBD ratio, coloration, and a few other minor attributes.

Focus on the basics for maximum yield:

Good lighting
Proper watering
A good pH buffered soil
Balanced feeding
Management of pH and PPM
Good ventilation
and so on…

5 Likes

I dont know it to be true but Ive read it is wet weight also. seed I just grew has yield discription of 5-15 oz. im hoping for 6-7 oz dry yield.

Ill second the white widow fem phorto.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the help man. Greatly appreciated, seriously. I have all the gadgets and nutrients and fully intend to care for them the best I can.

3 Likes

Read up on scroging!

1 Like

Have everything to do that as well! Thanks man!

That’s what we’re here for. Start a journal here for your grow and we’ll help you along the way.

3 Likes