And now welcome to this season’s premier episode of Cooking For Buds
Last night, at 10pm, I prepared The Girls’ First Meal. Since I feed Earth Juice, I bubble the main meal for about 40-48 hours, allowing the microbe herd to multiply and pH to start moving up. I can never get mine to move far, even after 48 hours of bubbling, so I do adjust up…to a point.
1 gal Tap
2 tbsp Grow
1.5 tbsp Catalyst
1.5 tsp Meta K
Once that’s bubbled for 40-48 hours, I’ll add:
1 gal Tap
2 tsp Demeter’s
1 tsp Microblast
Adding the above brings the pH into the range of 5.8-6.2, which I usually leave it at, unless my medium’s pH is testing too acidic, which has not happened, yet. Surprisingly, for this set-up, the pH likes to hit that 7 mark.
No pics, just talk radio today, really. Tune in tomorrow for exciting, live color commentary.
Not technically accurate but my mind just thinks marijuana Saffron!
They are, kinda. I like that!
Just made 30 pieces of Happy Taffy, using 3 grams of bam a lam FECO. Mmmmm-mmm.
Half of this:
Went into 30 of these:
Recipe for Happy Taffy:
-31 Tootsie Roll Midgees (3ish grams each)
-1 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
-3 grams FECO/RSO/etc, as dry as possible
-½ tsp espresso powder
- Unwrap candy and place into silicon container; save wrapper.
- Warm up 1 tbsp SCMilk and very, very, very thoroughly blend in the RSO/FECO. This part is very important.
- Add espresso powder to milk/oil mixture and blend well.
- Warm candy in microwave for about 15-30 seconds, then check. You want it just softened and starting to lose its shape; do not overheat or boil the candy.
- Add the milk mixture into the warm candy, and very thoroughly fold/mix together. This will take a few minutes.
- Once the milk/oil is thoroughly mixed in, turn out the candy onto parchment and knead by hand, making sure everything is well blended.
- Divide and wrap. Store in fridge or freezer. I eat as is or melt into coffee.
Going to have to have Crocker added to your name
Blackthumb Betty Crocker? Like that @Bobbydigital? Lmao
What a mouthful! Very nice Tootsie…errr, Happy Taffy! You’re definitely my goto edibles lady.
I want to come up with a better name. I’m usually pretty good at that, but I’ve got nothing better than Happy Taffy.
I am absolutely open to other names. Lay em on me!
The espresso must make them really pop! What about Lady Fingers, like the firecracker?
Lady Fingers is also the name of a type of cookie.
But, you’re onto something. They are like little sticks o dynamite.
Blasting Caps? or B4, like C4 but …you get it.
Looked up slang words for “hand grenade”:
The espresso does a good job of smoothing out the bitterness from the FECO, plus it gives it a richer chocolate flavor, if that makes sense? Tootsie rolls have orange flavoring in them, and the espresso cancels out that odd citrus note that they have.
TNT =tootsie and thc