Auto's on Auto-Pilot

I’m not really sure why but they definitely prefer a “type” of person and that person is me! I have to spray myself with the most percentage of DEET ( 30%-40%.) during the summer if i’m going out to water my ladies.

Also something to note is that a lot of times a tick has to be embedded in a person for 36 hours before transferring Lyme Disease. Still creepy to squish something to death that is carrying your own blood.

4 Likes

I’m one of those preferred in fact, my sisters and parents were too so it must be genetic or something. I order 100% DEET online and break into pocket sprayers, have them everywhere because I can’t tolerate getting bit up yet I’m always the first and only one to be pestered.

@DoomSack

3 Likes

Update 4/20/18

Two babies born this date!!!

AHA (Terrible pics but I’ve had a long day)

AK47 Auto

All my Pots

Coming along nicely, need to see DD in the next 24 hours or I’m dropping my other bean.
4/20 Babies and not even trying for that, lol.

10 Likes

the stars are in alignment the chosen ones…ommmm,ommmm,ommmmm…lol

3 Likes

Good stock from good people!!! Now that Sweet seed better get it’s arse in gear @BIGE

5 Likes

Now that would be a disaster if it didnt pop!

2 Likes

I’m fairly confident that it will sprout. Had the same tail as the others and sure did pop quick in the paper towels. Fingers crossed. I have not looked in 2 hrs, I will hold off until I go upstairs for the night. @Blasting

4 Likes

Woot! Baby pics @Screwauger they’ll explode into massive growth before you know it.

4 Likes

Decision time. Still no Dark Devil sprout. All seeds were sown into the coco with 1+cm tails on Tuesday, all are up nicely except DD.

I have another DD bean.
I also have 4 more strains arriving Monday
Tangie-matic
Jack Herer Auto
Purple Haze Auto
Blue Dream Fems (not this time)

WTF am I going to do. I know darn well as soon as I drop that second DD bean, the first one will come up and I will have wasted it.

I’m going to give her until the mail comes Monday, if she’s not up…

8 Likes

I would give it the 5th day to rise…and then I’d go digging around looking for evidence of fault on day 6.

4 Likes

@Screwauger I support @DoomSack suggestion. Then you’ll know if it was about to come up, still going, or dead. Then you can drop another bean…

4 Likes

I dropped the remaining Dark Devil bean today into a cup of distilled h2o.

I did an archeological dig and found my yellow, deceased 1" plant, no seed husk, two “sucker” leaves present with it’s tap root curled a bit like a pigs tail. I gave it a 12 hour chance to come around then I dropped it’s sister seed.

Bums me out that I cant get 2-4 beans to pop within a day or two period or, I have a death (same thing happened last grow). I really did not want staggered plants again but I will cope as ILGM !!

Figured I would not wait for tomorrows mail and just burn my last DD.

My other 3 ladies are all trucking along and look good so not all bad.

Turns out, as much as I was not really successful growing outdoors last year, I will have three outdoor plants (same number I had last year).

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about that DD…Atleast you know and can move on. It puts my mind at ease to know there wasn’t anything you could do and you aren’t waiting senselessly.

1 Like

Yup, appreciate the kind words @DoomSack

By nature, I over-analyze at best or I’m a worry-wart at worst.
a. Is it bad coco?
b. coco not rinsed adequately?
c. Overall, is there something wrong with that particular pot?
d. Bad genetics (should know better than to grow anything but ILGM *wink wink)
e. etc etc etc

I suspect it’s just fate as all the others just popped right up. If this one goes haywire I will have wasted a good $25 or so and, will be obligated to dump that pot and start over (I have a ritual/routine with new coco or to prepare an autopot for sowing). That said, one pot of four (damned if I know which one) was filled with coco from a new 5kg bale I purchased last week on my Monday off (so I have to wonder if in my haste, should I have rinsed it a few more times with plain ph water???) .

What this does is create a classic screwauger dilemma, do I risk the pot/coco being bad and resow into it OR do I dump it now and spend four hours hydrating, rinsing, rinsing, rinsing, rinsing, pre-charging a new pot before/while she goes into paper towels? This is more rhetorical because I will ruminate on it for a day or so here and drive myself bananas LMAO

7 Likes

yea,i was hoping she was just late for the party…rip DD1

2 Likes

my day involved keep puppy out of veg garden…i gave up,just had to give up…lol
maybe tomorrow i’ll try to salvage what is left and take it out front. lol

3 Likes

There’s no way to know. I say pick up the pieces, clean up and waste the energy on prepping the next one.

To what end with these question, right? What can we do with the info of who, when, why, and how on rip DD? Unless you’re planning on scrap booking the deaths of seedlings, if that’s the case I will check out that thread too lolol :face_with_monocle:

But I suspect we are in the business of grow’n some high quality smoke, so COMe on DD #2 let’s get to the party! :balloon: :tada:

1 Like

It’s your call on the re-cocoa. I am a germ freak if I let my imagination run. . I dump the soil of the dead in the garden. Never reuse while still reusing.

1 Like

@Screwauger I doubt it is in your process, you just don’t seem the type to cut corners. With that being said if you throw a ilgm bean in that pot I bet she takes. Who honestly knows what those beans went through prior to you getting your paws on em. Was it only one of the beans or both? Just the one right? If it were me I would use a different method to get that last bean to sprout mabey a rapid rooter or something

2 Likes

I completely understand your over analyzing everything and then debate it in your head @Screwauger you’re not the only one. At least you have a replacement. Hoping for the best!

4 Likes