Auto's on Auto-Pilot

She’s loaded and smells like a pack of skunks took over the yard.

2 Likes

Yay buddy!! Who needs smell-o-vision

1 Like

BBA Day 78 (I think)

HERE.WE.GO.AGAIN!!!

To all those contemplating Autopots, TAKE NOTE.
This is the third pot this has happened to out of 7 so far.
I wrote a very pointed email to autopots usa.
Damn it… I thought she seemed stalled. Same darn thing as last time, living on a 1/2 inch root mass and not wicking nutes up into the pot.

I sliced it right off, put a second RCD in the tray and cleaned and filled my res.
Fingers crossed.

14 Likes

She’s still a beauty and that sucks with what’s going on with the roots system. I’m taking notes for sure and bookmarked this page

2 Likes

I just spent 20 minutes on their wensite watching animations and reading the brochure.
It’s confusing, the use of the root control disc (rcd).
One animation tells you it goes in the tray, copper side up.
Another tells you it goes in the pot copper side down.

I think this has always been the problem, misapplication of the RCD but; I know AP growers that do not use them, they buy landscape fabric instead, and have never had this happen.

I expect “Ask Josh” the support syatem for autopots will tell me Ive misapplied the root disc since I have been placing it in the pot copper side up based on instruction from Ask Josh a year ago,

6 Likes

This definitely seems to be a reoccurring issue, with confusing suggestions. I frequented their site just the other day and said copper side down. I was just thinking to myself it should be up?

1 Like

It’s kind of pi**ing me off @Covertgrower. As you would expect. But I’m the end, I salvaged the last two and come hell or high water, this girl is getting jarred.

5 Likes

I did both this round. One in the tray side up with a febric cloth under my air dome and one in the pot side down with no fabric. Maybe its the pot socks doing that? Idk but thesr beautiful roots

2 Likes

You may be on to something with the pot sock. I left it off going forward. @Blasting

I think I was really tired writing last post lolll. Im thinking the pot socks makes it act (the roots) like it was still the pot since its seems pretty tight to the pot.

Hered what It said when ordering more discs.

The Root Control Discs or RCD™s are designed to fit the 1Pot system, the easy2grow Kit & the 2Pot extension trays to extend the easy2grow Kit. These discs are black & gold in colour and are placed in the tray underneath the pot, gold face up. The purpose of the Root Control Disc is to prevent roots from leaving the pot & heading towards the AQUAvalve. They are very effective due to the special metallic gold coating. Please note that roots even though they are tender have the ability to go through concrete, therefore it is wise to occasionally lift the pot to see if any have managed to escape the barrier. If so you can simply cut away the roots with a pair of scissors. This will in no way harm the plant. Although the discs will last several seasons it is advisable to replace the discs at the beginning of each season, this will prevent any disease from being transferred if present.

Seems like youve done the right thing by putting one in the tray.

4 Likes

@Blasting

I honestly believe this keeps happening because I am using the RCD incorrectly however, Just one year ago, they told me (with some effort I could locate the support chat) to place the RCD in pot copper side up. Compare that to what you posted then there is this animation that clearly shows the RCD going in the pot copper side down (the audio with these pics says in pot, copper side down). As noted, confusing

5 Likes

Def unclear lol!

2 Likes

Well, it’s turning out to be a trying grow for Screwauger.
Indoors we have autopot issues and ph lockout issues leaving my plant looking
like a typical Screwauger grow

Outdoors
My only shining star is the Pineapple Clone followed by the ODAP Purple haze auto.
The AHA and AK47 appear to be suffering from all of the insane heat (last week 94+ with heat indexes as high as 108°) causing my buds to be fluffy, kinda foxtailed looking and yesterday I noticed the flowers are actually stretching, leaving small sections of stem between some flowers. It’s not easy to look at therefore no pics.

If things keep on this way, I may just drop beans and move along without further updates to this journal.

As has been stated each of three grows, some day I will sow seeds, water them and feed them and harvest my meds without all of these starts and stops and dilemma’s to resolve. This is not that grow, again.

Have a good week Gardeners!!

Peace.
Out.

8 Likes

It’s like playing guitar. I used to get so frustrated trying to perfect a lick that I would toss it on the bed and vow, I’m done with it! Have it in my hands a day or two later trying again. Why? Because I loved it on the inside. Eventually at some point down the road, you and your friends are amazed at how well you’ve gotten and you have. Then its all natural. So buddy, Ramble on Rose.
BTW, isn’t that hot weather for your neck of the woods?

4 Likes

Thanks @Happy_Pappy

Yes, very hot for our neck of the woods. It’s not much better today with very high humidity and temps in the 88-91 range. Bizarre really but…

I looked back at my BBA from last grow and they look nearly identical with all of the brown spotted half dead leaves. A few weeks ago, I intentionally boosted my nutes in a crazy attempt to get more yield by pushing them to the burn point. I wish I had known at that time I was also dealing with root blowout and also calcium or ph issues. Hindsight. Thanks again Bud.

2 Likes

At least you have an idea of what it is. I bought a AirMaxx pot because it drys upwards of 110 degrees in my shed daily. 1 bag FFOF and 1 bag perlite. Have fed it thrice in three months. Put a gallon of water daily on it. Those pots are awesome and so easy to use. I think I’m sticking with those. 12 and 12 from seed to finish. Havnt had not 5 fan leaves drop the whole time.
You’ve got it. Keep trudging.

2 Likes

Probably it is more related to just not having a good couple of weeks.
Since yesterday, the exhaust fan in my tent is making a strange “chugging” sound that does not sound good. Sounds ominous and expensive.
Couple that with the growth issues outside and inside, some increased work stress and a pissed off GF and it all adds up in my book to deserved, but unappreciated Bad Karma.

I’ve actually had thoughts this morning that it would be easier to just buy street weed (probably cheaper too). I’m in an email chain with a gent from autopots-usa trying to determine why I keep having these root blowouts.

But need to pay the bills so I will leave it all for later and go toe the line at the office, blech.

Have a good day HP

6 Likes

Later, good man! Hopefully things will turn upwards.

1 Like

Popped home for some water as I have to head outta town for the afternoon on a case.
I’m beside myself with angst over my crop.
Boiled down to basics, despite a couple of successful harvests, I’m a newb through and through.
I randomly threw a bunch of stuff in the ground outside (pot ash, blood meal, pelletized lime and bat guano) together with a bail of promix. It is very possible my bud structure is due to excess N or it could be the heat/humidity. Either way, my buds are not developing as I would like. They are large but there is no substance to them.
I really do prefer indoor growing as I like having control of what the plant gets although, I hate the “chemical” nature of the nutrients. Ideally I will move to a super soil and just water in the autopot reservior but obviously, I need more experience in setting up a soil that would sustain but not “burn” plants.

Couple pics showing that stems are growing out of the top of colas and starting new sets of flowers. Ultimately, I don’t really care if it’s not purdy as long as it has good effects.

AHA Day 81

AK47 Day 81

7 Likes

Can’t ever recall seeing good looking ashes. Now we’re thinking correctly. And ashes all fall down.

1 Like