Auto's on Auto-Pilot

It’s my best guess anyway. I’ve seen other type of issues while messing with lights.

I’m not sure which, if any of these, would be the most viable. But I have a few potential ideas. We should definitely wait to hear what someone like John thinks though.

One idea would be to duct your intake air from outside. I suspect that would be more difficult to manage temps and rh in your tent, but it would solve the furnace issue. A continuation of that may be to try and duct the intake from upstairs. I’m guessing you have a network of air returns that would buffer said issue, but it may potentially shoot your cooling cost through the roof. Or potentially a network of duct that you could have some manual dampers on to tune a mixture of outside air and inside air on your intake.

Another idea may be to install a power vent on furnace exhaust. I’m not really sure how to size or if that system is a candidate for something like a power vent. But seems like something that may be worth considering.

2 Likes

@Screwauger I may have missed if the tent vents to the outside?
Either way, if you can designate fresh air from outside for the boiler, you should be doing better. Boiler doesn’t care what temperature it brings in.

I suspect you’re getting fumes on start up, until the hot air and draft overwhelms the exhaust from the tent. Then it’s probably sucking air in from upstairs somewhere.

2 Likes

Yes, the tent vents out a window to the outside.
I will take some pictures later to see if I can get the perspective to include both the tent and the flue.
I am not sure how I would get fresh outdoor air to the boiler but your description sounds spot on as to what is happening. Thanks @Covertgrower

4 Likes

So we drew in class today and I drew my basement. I’m graduating 2nd grade this yr

I’m thinking the window in room B needs to be open??

4 Likes

You can certainly give it a shot. I’m not really sure if that’s a long term solution, probably not. But I would think it would at least give you an idea if that negative pressure is what’s happening.

1 Like

And your drawing is as good or better than anything I’ve done lol. Never had the artsy skills.

1 Like

Change of Subjects

My Purple Haze Auto (PHA) is 42 Days old
She’s a grower
Breeder info
AUTO FEM

THC Very high
CBD ?
Height 50-120cm
Indoor 350-500g/m²
Outdoor 65-150g
CYCLE 70-80 DAYS

10 Likes

Let’s not leave out Blueberry Auto 53 Days Old

I LST’d both plants probably for the last time.
BBA had a couple large leaves with evidence of calmag def so I upped my calmag to 2.25ml/L (which is a lot but I have low ppm tap water (47ppm)

16 Likes

They look great! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @MattyBear, I am pleased so far!!!

1 Like

Looking good my friend

@Screwauger I think the window is the best solution. Another thing to look at is the damper, and if it needs adjustment. I notice it’s open in one photo and closed in the others.
(Btw that’s a sexy boiler ya got there. :wink: newer than mine!)
I also love your plants. Looking very nice.

3 Likes

Plants looking great as always!

1 Like

@Covertgrower That thing flaps and flaps. With boiler off and standing two feet away in front of the washer I can feel the backdraft of cool air coming ?? down the chimney?? Not sure but that’s been happening and it was by chance I was standing there this morning when the boiler fired up and I smelled the fuel/exhaust smell (like you said until the heat of the burner makes enough effect to reverse the backdraft and force the air up the chimney.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Folks, I am very happy with the grow so far. I did note after adding more calmag this evening the res ppm was 1121. I quickly added some balanced water to get it down to 930 where it has been and so far, no burnt tips!!
I’m starting to push the big bud and bud candy so this is where I have to watch those ppm’s. Related note, I ordered those nutes on amazon mid day yesterday (the garden store doesn’t open until 10am) and they were on my steps at 9 this morning!! I’m not really into supporting corporate but that’s impressive (sorry @Covertgrower not rubbing it in and you will be in the contigious US soon right (or are you now).

6 Likes

excellent @Screwauger, i have got to get me some auto pots going!!

1 Like

Thanks Brother. I was hesitant to jump on the wagon of recommending them at first. This being grow three, I am seeing expected and consistent results once the air and nutes are turned on! So yeah, now I would say get them. I am seriously considering putting one of these tent dwellers outside in my sunniest spot but still hooked up to the autopot res (I have two res’s). It’s getting very crowded in my tent with just two plants!! Problems that are not problems…

@BIGE

6 Likes

good problems to solve…lol

It’s definitely sucking air down the chimney. It flaps a bit because of some wind that might be outside too.
No worries on that, less than 3 weeks, and I’ll be in the lower 48. (July 6th after the boat ride) I do look forward to ordering and having it delivered 4 days earlier. I am hesitant to renew my amazon membership because I have stores everywhere there. @Screwauger

4 Likes

Yes, it has been windy here for days!
With Room B’s window cracked a bit I notice the damper/flap is remaining closed more than not. Like @dbrn32 said, not really a long term solution since 8 months of the yr it’s too cold and soon, it will be like Florida humidity here and that will suck that hot yucky air in (Ihad to run a dehimudifier last summer minus any open windows).

We will get this figured out and I appreciate all the advice and assistance.

1 Like