Auto's on Auto-Pilot

One day you’re gonna have to elaborate on the whiffle ball technique…

2 Likes

Sorry @FloridaSon

That is just some picture I snagged on the net somewhere. I’ve never done that nor do I think it would work in total. Could likely use a layer or two of them in the base of the pot (similar to autopot website recommendation to use clay balls). Oops

3 Likes

@Screwauger It’s really a cool set up! I don’t have a clue want language you are speaking lol but I still think it’s a good thing!

1 Like

I am not familiar with autopots but I have heard them mentioned and would like to know more. Though I fully enjoy visiting my girls, hands off sounds appealing. Using less nutes even more so.
:v::green_heart::seedling::deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

I am obsessed with my girls during all phases of growth. I sometimes open the tent 10 times a day lol. The autopots just give me the opportunity to go away for a few days or many days and know my girls are eating regularly.

I likely noted this in my previous journals, bears repeating. I grew in the nineties when I had two young daughters. 5 and 2 yrs. I was tied to my grows for hand watering and using a 400w HPS/MH, watering twice daily was critical. My ex hated it after a few months and complained constantly. It may have accelerated the inevitable “Big D.” My current GF had heard these tales and when I decided to grow again her only request was I not be tied to the tent like I was before. Mission accomplished, for the most part. @GreenThunder

10 Likes

@Momtomask I’ve just started propagating a dark devil auto…

1 Like

All four beans are now in paper towel’s and waiting for germination!

I was planning to stagger the drops but when I got looking at my timelines and the calendar, I decided it was Bean’s Away! When it gets crowded in the tent, two ladies leave regardless of the outdoor situation. I will build a makeshift cold frame if need be.

8 Likes

W00t! Wish you grew that dd in AP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once again, you make a great point @Blasting

I have two DD’s. Period. Kinda silly to stick it outside when I purchased to grow under my lights.
I’m as messed up about this grow as I have been about most things this year. Must be the babies!!

I’ve got to consider my end results for sure and with your input here, it would serve me better to grow the DD and BBA indoors and the AK and AH outdoors or; I stop di*king around and buy the additional trays and valves to make my system 4 pot. I have 6 pots, 2 reservoirs, 2 trays, 2 aquavalves.

I’m gonna go mess around with my new vac sealer and do hash hits until I figure this out.

I really wish I had taken this week off…back to work tomorrow! Yuk

4 Likes

I mean, I think this kind of genetic is something worth growing inside in these lovely AP’s. Not that the other are no good but DD being some funky genetics why not try it indoor first :smiley: And then I can see how it did for you and maybe grow some :joy: how big is your tent? I was thinking only doing two plants next time in my 39x39 because its just stoopid how they outgrew it, maybe three or 4 autos would do it.

3 Likes

My tent is 39x39 also.
Given my BBA2 (which grew half it’s life alone in tent) was 3 ounces more than BBA1 (which was growing with three in tent) it makes sense not to crowd them.

Two is maximum for me in this tent considering this past experience. I appreciate your logical thoughts re: the DD and your input is very much appreciated. I coveted these beans and you’re correct, they need to grow in the AP. Getting 2 more AP’s currently is not going to help.

Thanks a million @Blasting

1 Like

Besides, this will def clash with my backyard.

Dark Devil auto pic from breeder

18 Likes

looks devastating for sure!!

1 Like

It’d be nice if they came out like the breeder pic :laughing: @Screwauger

3 Likes

Glad I could help, a crowded tent might seem fun but taking girls out of AP really is no fun imo and not having a single inch space to play with is really my biggest problem atm. Mazar is being fried by the light and there is not much i can do but wish GP gets ripe soon so i can move things around a bit! Im finishing this second grow soon and so much learning still! I have been looking at alot of Sweet Seed genetics since the beginning (growing two of their genetics) and dark devil has always been one I wanted to try. hAt other ForuN made me learn alot about autos and maybe i should try them for real some time. (soon) actuallt just got my two pack of SS cream caramel and GP from that contest i won:)

1 Like

Before I jog out the door, quick note.

The BBA popped and had a tail a bit longer than 1cm so in her “forever home” she went (AP Left).
Watching the rest closely, will check at lunch.

Was experimenting some more with the vac sealer this morning. What say you?

A. Easy, preserves nug integrity and seems fairly sweet. I suspect a fair amount of air remains in the jar.

OR

B. Tad messy, crushes buds even if careful but it’s not about bag appeal. For sure not much air left.

• A. Jar
  • B. Bag

0 voters

5 Likes

Don’t know if one is better than the other but I like the jar. I still like looking at a nice bud.

3 Likes

I like the buds better from the jar. Less trichome loss, IMO, but for longevity of storage I had to go with the bag.

If you’re not selling, looks aren’t as important as fresh…

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing your auto AK 47! I am on week 9 with mine (photo). Keep the photos coming please!

2 Likes

Yeah, a nice well formed bud is a joy to admire before grinding for smoke! Mine go in the jars because I don’t expect a long storage time.

I share with family and friends, so I can burn through an ounce in a week sometimes…

6 Likes