Autos not flowering at 8 weeks. Males?

This is my second indoor grow. I have a 4x4 Vivosun tent. Grow light is Viparspectra, full sprectrum LED 600 watts. Grow light on 24/7. Tent set up with exhaust fan with charcoal filter at the top, oscillating fan (on all the time) near the floor. All are planted in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Planted 3 Northern Lights auto seeds and 3 Jack Herer auto seeds, all NL sprouted 5/22/2020. One JH sprouted. I planted 3 more JH seeds and they sprouted 5/29. (one JH was planted outside). Two Northern Lights showed white hairs at 4 weeks. It is now wk 8 for the NL and wk 7 for the JH. Two NL have many white hairs and look great. They are 53" and 47" tall. The 3rd NL is 40 inches and no white hairs. The 3 indoor Jack Herer have no white hairs. I’m worried I have several males which seems odd. The seeds were all auto feminized. Photos attached of the plants not flowering (males?) and one pic of all of them. I gave 1/2 dose (slightly less) of Big Grow at 6 wks. At 7 wks I gave NL : ¼ tiger bloom ½ big bloom. The other plants with no signs of flowering I gave 1/2 big bloom. Maybe I’m underfeeding? I read that FoxFarm is very hot. My last (also my first) indoor grow I over fertilized and over watered. It was not a good crop. So I held back on the nutrients this time. The pH of the run-off water has been consistently 6.8 to 7.0. Maybe they are all just slow and I’m worrying for nothing? Or maybe I have a few males? One of the Jack Herer’s I used “A Pot for Pot” kit which included a 2 gal.fabric pot. The plant looks very healthy but no white hairs at 7 weeks. The 3 NL are all in 5 gal fabric pots. The others are in 3 or 4 gal plastic garden pots. Thank you for any advice or input.

2 Likes

In my experience the males are faster to show sex and flower. I don’t think that’s something to worry about.

I’d take that light cycle down to 16/8 and then 12/12 after 2 weeks if they refuse to show sex.

2 Likes

Dealing with the same issue myself. So far I left it in 38 hours of darkness and put the lighting schedule at 11/13. Definitely a female just trying to get her to flower.

So that’s where I’m at it’s been less than a week.

This is my Jack Herrer auto week 7

2 Likes

Thank you! I will make the changes you recommended to my light schedule.

1 Like

You give me hope. Your plants look beautiful!

1 Like

Did you do low stress training with your JH?

1 Like

Yes I started at the very beginning and weaved her around the pot. Did some more today. About every 5 days I readjust the tie downs. She’s a big bush now will she please flower lol

:call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

I have too many plants in a small space for this grow, but next one I will grow fewer plants and try LST.
Thanks!

1 Like

This grow was also a pot for pot only I used a different pot everything else is the same and she’s also 7 weeks. This was a ILGM seed. Wonder wtf?

my 3 NL are seeds left from my last year’s order from seedsman. The JH are from ILGM. All the NL last year and this year sprouted. The ILGM Jack Herer, 4 out of 5 sprouted so not bad. But will feel better with I see signs of flowering. I love the growing but the waiting - not as fun. But I do enjoy the daily tending to the plants.

1 Like

Very zen I very much enjoy it myself

The room my grow tent is in stays cool and my grow Iight with a supplemental heat lamp only keeps my grow tent in the mid 60’s (64 - 68 F). Since it’s even cooler at night I’m thinking with the 16/8 (and 12/12) schedule I should have the dark part of the cycle mid day so the light part of the cycle (lights providing more heat) will occur during the cooler night time. Does that sound reasonable?
Thanks.

1 Like

The good news is they appear to be growing well, once they do flower you’ll probably get a bigger then average harvest.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear!!

@EJS you black out those girls yet to try and force flower?

Yes. I am doing 18/6. This will be the 3rd day. No signs of flowering yet but Keystone Cops said wait two weeks and if still not flowering go to 12/12. So I’m in waiting mode and will give the 18/6 light schedule two weeks before changing to 12/12. The plants all look very healthy so I’m hopeful. If our weather ever warms up to normal July weather I’ll take the two NL that have many white hairs outside. Those two are 42" and 53" tall. Seems somewhat tall for autos? The others are considerably shorter so the light height is a bit of a challenge. Right now it’s still too cool and overcast here to move plants outside.