AUTO's not flowering at 55 days Veg

Strain : Bruce Banner (Auto - ILGM)
Light : Spiderfarm SE5000 LED
Medium : Coco Perl , dash of worm castings.

Bruce Banner Autos not flowering after 55 days Veg.
Should I wait or should I flip them myself?
If flip should I go back to my regular 24/7 lighting once flipped or treat them as str8 photo 12/12

2 Likes

So long is not common, but it does happen. Some growers will go 12/12 with slow autos to try to goose them into flowering.

3 Likes

Personal preference.

If you use a 12/12, leave it there. I wouldn’t want to risk revegging right after forcing a flower.

You could also Try to reduce to an 18/6 and reduce again later if no change. I’m not a fan of 24/7 light anyway. Pretty firm believer that plants need recovery time in darkness even if it’s short.

From my minimal experiences with autos, and the numerous posts ive seen related to this, seems majority of autos go way longer than advertised. I have one still going at week 16 from germ. Sour diesel.

2 Likes

Autos are just photo strains cross breed with ruderalis strains and like any other plant they can just show traits from one side of their crossed strains so they can need a 12/12 light schedule to go into flower

2 Likes

Very good auto strain Sour Diesel from ILGM
50day veg - awesome yields.
Here’s one
Fimmed.
Dry weight around a p

5 Likes

Tx, that makes some sense & was a factor i hadn’t considered, possibly being the photo half being a bit more dominant.
I love it when answers like this make me think some.
Much appreciated

2 Likes

@Frosty_Nights I grow Autos on 12/12. My theory is it hurts the overall haul. Well at least how I grow.

Because all my Autos have been pretty small. In all fairness I hate Autos as I want a big bush in my tent.

Top photo is a Photoperiod.

Above this is an auto. I didn’t train the Auto and the Photoperiod I did multiple FIM’s.

Both grown on 12/12. Start to finish. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Will try the 18 - 6 window, not so keen on trying 12 12 on auto for flower as word is affects yeilds (?)

1 Like

I’ll report back on yields. IMO beginner ignorance causes bad yields (speaking from experience as an ignorant beginner here). Appropriate DLI means even on a 12/12 my auto (should) do as well as a photo. I’m actually running that experiment right now. It’s not a perfect compare because it’s 2 diff strains and one of em might end up male, but it will give me an idea.

2 Likes

I had a White Widow auto go 22 weeks outside several years ago, ended up naming her Stubborn Stacy. When I finally chopped her, she could have probably gone another 2 weeks or so.

That was rare though, all my other autos have started flower around week 4-5 from sprout.

Happy growing!

2 Likes

Mine is a runt to say the least. Was odd from day one. Wont be but maybe 1oz it looks like. We see soon.

Ive never had a auto like that mine have always started flowering at three to fours weeks.but in saying that what sort of stress have u given ur plant you know like training or topping coz those sort of things can make a auto flower late

That is a fat SD. I had a Jack Herer take 50+ days . I didn’t have to change lights but was seriously considering it. She finally decided to go on her own

2 Likes