Autos are being stubborn

What’s up guys, I’ve had these white widows going for about three months and this one does not seem to want to flower! It has surpassed ,in size,the white widow that did flower by a lot! It’s in soil Robert Bergman nutrients using pHed water The soil is doctor Earth organic soil with 444 in the mix as well. Any ideas?

8 Likes

@kellydans @KeystoneCops @Autofreak @Docnraq @Fieldofdreams @Caligurl

2 Likes

@LilRon if it’s possible for you to switch the lighting to 12/12 it should help kick the flower stage in

7 Likes

Got alot of yellowing on the bottom, and plant looks super light green. Is everything in ph range? Should clear out those yellow on the bottom.
Could be a missfire auto, agree with the 12 and 12 flip. Will need to adjust lights to accomodate.

7 Likes

Yeah i’m with @Vtbudz If not already I would swap to 12/12 light schedule. The positive that’s gonna be a huge plant when done. Sometimes you get a Stubborn one. :v::+1:

9 Likes

I’ve grown my share fare of autos and I’ve never had one go that long without showing any signs of flowering. My last grow was glueberry og and that 8 weeks before she started. Total grow went almost 19 weeks total from sprout. At this point I would go to 12/12 and see what happens

5 Likes

I appreciate everybody’s response! Will it affect the other autos that I have in there with it to change the light schedule? They are almost ready for harvest. I did remove it about a month ago and gave it a 48 hr dark period To try and force flower but nothing happened. The runoff ph is 6.8-7

1 Like

Ok I removed the yellow .

Yeah not sure why it’s doing that. I give it purified drinking water pH at 7

Or spring water ph 7

3 Likes

Wondering if I should flush it and then brew a tea for it… If I am to believe this meter its showing I am at 7 or a point higher

2 Likes

Dont trust that meter for any accuracy on soil PH.

Its possible she could need a flush But she looks healthy over all. Might just be shedding leaves that are too far away from light. Yellowing generally has to do with insuficient nitrogen, what do your feedings look like?
Runoff ph is good, even a lil high for having good nutrient count whats tds of feed and runoff?

As for flipping lights, you will need to adjust the lights to compensate for less hours. Closer to the plant. Your DLI will go down due to less light hours at the current distance. If your others are near finished maybe wait till they do to flip. Worse case is she gets bigger :slight_smile: best case she will flower on her own like a good auto!

Those bottles of water will cost you an arm and a leg, you will want to find an RO filling station at groceree store or gas station, or water store depending where you live. Its about 30 cents a gallon youll need to add calmag to RO but still cheaper over all. Its about a buck, buck 50 for gals of drinking water yeah? There are some filling stations that sell RO that has minerals added to make it alkeline, mixing half and half with regular RO would be a good combination and still cgeaper then single gallons.

3 Likes

I feel the same way about this meter lol I haven’t used it in a while but don’t feel like digging for the soil testing kit don’t know where it’s at lol I have been following the Robert Bergman nutrient schedule

I’ll have to check the TDS on feeding day I don’t remember it off top of my head.
Water has been an issue for me. Our city tap is full of chloramines and home RO systems are a little out of my budget right now. We have a water dispenser down the block that looks like a windmill lol not sure about the filters or system on that one but I have been wanting to find a cheaper and easier solution. $1.19 a gal :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Grab a gallon from the windmill and tds and ph it.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ll do! Are those stations trustworthy?

2 Likes

The one at my walmart is. Its a primo fill station. Only one way to find out. Get a gallon, ph and tds it drink a glass or two while its warm see if the taste is chemical like or not

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s not a male plant?

4 Likes

Those leaves resemble a mag or sulfur deficiency or both. Add a 1/3!teaspoon of epson salt to your feeding routine and always give them enough to get approximately 20% run off :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be :thinking: it’s a ww auto from ilgm . To my understanding the autos should be female it looks like there could be a 0.01 percent of a male popping up :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

She looks hungry.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Should I brew a tea for her?

1 Like