Autos and photos together?

Starting new seeds, question is, is it possible to grow autos and photos in the same tent under the same lighting?

4 Likes

Yes, I’d start the Auto’s a week or two earlier than the photos.
Then just use the lighting schedule for photo.
Gives the Auto’s a couple weeks head start.

2 Likes

How long are u planning on vegging the photo plants for. Can try and get u set where u harvest at same times roughly or u wanna harvest the auto then photos?? Def can run them all on the same room autos don’t need a set on and off time schedule but I’d work it around where I myself could keep the auto on 18 on and 6 off thru the grow and work the photo in the mix to where when the auto gets chopped I could switch to 12 12 for the photo plants. Then u can drop another auto and run it on 12 12 with the photo and see what u get from the auto on 12 12 vs 18 6

2 Likes

I’m running 8 photo clones with 3 autos in the same tent and plan on flipping the light when my autos start pre-flower. 8-10 week flower time on the autos should fall in line with the photo flowering period :pray:. Timing has never been on my side lately but you never know until you try it :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Yes u can as ur autos dont need a 12/12 light cycle but when u flip ur photoperiod plants to flower and run a 12/12 ur autos will be fine

3 Likes

I do it. I run my photos and autos 24/0 for 3 weeks and switch to 18/6.

2 Likes

Yes you can. Its how I do my plants. Both get the exact same treatment.

1 Like

@OGIncognito I have 3 photos and an auto in a real tight space. Photos are at 5 weeks, and auto just starting showing pistils in last 48 hours. I want to flip in 2 weeks so I don’t blow my tent out, but will probably be in full flower with the auto by then. It should be ok to make the switch with the photos right?

2 Likes

That’s also my plan with my mixed run. My simple mind thought is most of the autos I’ve grown took 8-10 weeks to finish once they started flowering and photos the same. So I plan on flipp’n to 12/12 at the 1st sign of the autos flowering :pray::pray::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hey happy cake day growmie. I’ll be just a few days past first signs at flip, but it’s pretty close to how you’re doing it.

1 Like

Right on Brother and appreciate that. I’m setting you grow to watching, we can share info if your up for it :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m down! Setting yours for watch also!

1 Like

Likewise :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yep, the autos don’t care about light so just control the lighting for the photo and the autos will just tag along :wink:

1 Like

Haven’t seen it done successfully without grower flipping the lights on the autos eventually

Go for it not a problem, run lights 18/ 6 till you flip photos to 12 /12 an don’t look back. Good luck. :v::+1:

Then you haven’t seen my grows. I run 12/12 start to finish. Autos and Photos together in perfect harmony. I personally feel 12/12 start to finish on Autos does hurt the overall haul.

But for Photos…no issues on 12/12.

1 Like

I have the same plan with 3 autos & 1 photo. Depending on the photo’s size, I’ll flip the light to 12/12 when the autos start blooming or I’ll keep it in vege until after I harvest the autos.

That’s the goal, autos don’t need a Full 18 hours to flower some thick buds. Actually the only way to grow several I would think is early veg the photos and flip the lights @kellydans said… go for it and don’t look back :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I hope that works for you. Every time I try and coordinate two things I am always 100% sure I got it dialed in and…. Yeah I am way off. Helps me work on my patience. Good luck