Autos and photos sharing space 18/6 vs 12/12

So one of my autos just kept on growing. Turns out she’s a photo. So I have 3 autos in various stages of flower and a photo that is trying to outfat my closet. Can I switch them all to a 12/12 to get her into flower without hurting the autos already in flower? Been on a 18/6 since birth.

@Myfriendis410 any thoughts here?

2 Likes

How long do your autos have

Assuming you have sufficient light; yes.

1 Like

“two weeks”. :grinning:

Seriously though… I am still pretty new. Id guess 2 weeks on 1, 3.5 on another and 5 more on the last. thats why i like autos. You can just run em side by side with no consideration for light cycles.

1 Like

They should be fine. The autos can take a fair bit of light confusion abuse.

1 Like

I currently have a similar situation I switched my lights to 15/9 to see how my big girl reacted I’ve had more flower growth on my autos at dark hours then light hours I think I’m going to switch them all to 12/12 And I seem to have had the same results with all 3 strains 2 different breeders so it’s not like they all were bad Phenos they did auto it just seems to me that even with auto that rest time Is crucial and I know guys are going to tell me I’m wrong and I’ll get less yields this is my first time running autos so don’t take my words as facts!! This is just what I’m currently noticing on my current batch I wouldn’t be afraid to play around a bit tho and see what works for you @Not2SureYet has been very helpful since I started posting I’m sure he can help you as well good luck and may your flowers grow the size of baseball bats :pray:

1 Like

So what happen
I put my last autobin 12 12 it had 3 weeks left seem like it finished a week early
And I just did it to two more auto on the other day and they have about 3 weeks left
Did your finished earlier?
Did you notice more frost buds?

1 Like

They love it. Yes frosty. Yes fattening nicely. Will do this going forward.

1 Like

I’ve since harvested 2 and I have that is damn thriving and seems like she grew 2 weeks in 3 days.

2 Likes

2 Likes

My photo has taken over 4/5 of the closet. I have a stunning GSC auto trying to fight for space.

1 Like

Those are going to be some great looking buds. What light are you using that makes it look gold? Sorry, I just saw this. I do just as well flowering on a 12/12 as a 16/8. My autos get a light time that fits what ever is in the tent. So if I have photos in flower. They get 12/12. Even in veg. As @Myfriendis410 said. What lights you are running canmake a difference too

Yea I have to put my auto on a tut to get them as tall as the photo

I use a 600 w hps for flower and a 600w mh for veg
So that light in pictures is a 600w hps light

1 Like

I run two tents and my auto end up in the flower tent when they have a few weeks left that way I can strat new one so I’m trying to get a system where I’m choping plants every couple weeks I run 2 photos in flower tent with usaly 2 auto but have 1 photo in veg tent and 3 auto in veg tent when I cut one photo down a new photo goes in and at some point my auto get cut and auto from veg tent usaly 3 to 4 weeks from being done go in flower tent to make room for new plants
Always have about 8 plants going

1 Like

It sounds like you are on the same merry go round as I am :grin: It is hard to work out where you are chopping all the time if your flower times are all over the place like mine get :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes it is but also nice to be able to chop every week or two i know with me one month I won’t chop any thing then like for 2 months im choping every week lol so it nice because it easy to be patient when your constantly are choping plus the verity of my stock pile lol

2 Likes