Autos 4 weeks and still small, HELP

Hi guys. It’s my first time growing autos. I have a jack herer , bubble gum kush, and OG Kush. It’s already 4 weeks. I’m giving ph balanced water from my faucet , 5.5-6.5. I have my plants outside because I think the cfl wasn’t enough light. My plants are SMALL. I’m using coco coir soil. I don’t know what to do or what I’m doing wrong. I did give them some cal mag and grow big organic and that’s it. What can I do ???

1 Like

I have 3 jack herer autos growing outside too. For me, they were very slow to start. It was six weeks before they were even ready to transplant. I don’t know the other strains, and don’t grow in coco.
When you say grow big, is it fox farm grow big? If it is, FYI it is not organic. The only organic within the trio is Big Bloom

2 Likes

@Bornlivedie1. Welcome to ILGM :+1:
If you could a pic would be great.
:v:

2 Likes

The first photo is the bubble gum kush
Second is OG kush
Third is the jack herer

They are all the same age.

The coco coir I’m using is Mother Earth coco + perlite. :grimacing:

Man those are TINY. I thought my little auto was behind, but she’s about the size of your JH at 2 weeks and my other 2 well old auto is at least as big as your BGK. I don’t know… What seed bank did they come from?

1 Like

Ilgm… I bought the mixed pack 2.0. I still have more seeds. Idk what should be my next step.

1 Like

Have you stressed them in any way? Transplanted or anything like that? If they haven’t grown at all then I’m pretty sure they won’t, I have a seedling hasn’t grown in a week so I chucked it this mornin, but I get my seeds from thevault (uk seed bank) never had any issues with any seeds from there, the one that hasn’t grown for me is because it got knocked over somehow and left like it for a couple hours before I noticed it, so I put it down to the stress from that

1 Like

No… not gonna lie the OG kush was knocked down from a heavy rain and my honey tried to fix it by wrapping in the soil so it can stand up straight. It’s still alive but I’m debating if I should just take it out. The seeds took awhile to sprout also. Idk if I should just germinate some seeds and try again ? Supposedly they’re supposed to be ready in 8-15 weeks and I’m already at 4 wks.

No point in scrapping them unless you need the space. Might as well let them grow and see what happens.

4 Likes

I’ll tell you this because the exact same this was happening to us and I wish someone would have told us sooner, starting them in big pots is too hard on tiny seedlings. No matter what light you put them under, they’ll grow at a glacial pace. They looked a lot like yours do. Ours would eventually just yellow and die off, so congrats on not having that happen yet :upside_down_face:

If you choose to start over or start new ones, invest in a propagation tray with a lid (for humidity) and switch to Rockwool cubes, and some cannabis-friendly root booster helps too. Coco is also much better than soil. Soil in big pots is annoying, it’s impossible to water correctly because the pot’s so big! They can go into their final pot, Rockwool cube and all, as soon as they’ve put down some roots- you’ll literally see them sticking out of the bottom of your Rockwool cubes and the size of the seedling will tell you when it’s ready to be potted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can I put them in solo cups will it still work ? Thank you so much. For telling me , I really appreciate the help a lot. My honey just told me to just plant new ones again. I have four more of each. It’s gonna set back a bit but I mean it’s better than waiting forever.

You could try it, I think the crucial thing is keeping their humidity high, but we’re beginners too and I can’t stand by any methods other than Rockwool/propagation dome. If you can’t do this though, I imagine starting them in a smaller container rather than a big pot would yield you really good results. The seedling having too much space to be watered and grow properly seems to be the thing that does them in!

2 Likes

Okay … I just put the seeds in water so that way I can germinate them. I’m going to try the solo cup and see what happens. Here where I live is very very humid. What I did was cut some water bottles in half , covered the seeds and just put them outside. They did well with that. But all in all I’m going to take this advice and try again , but this time start them in smaller areas aka solo cup. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

i have to ask. did you read the grow bible? it is usually emailed to u when you buy seeds. or maybe check out how other growers start their seeds? right now your plants are working hard to make roots so there isnt much going on up top. so smaller container less work for your plants. you got this just read read read. welcome

I know a lot about growing but me being nieve I listen to people on YouTube who skip that step and say it’s not essential and they grow fine. So my ass was like “hey if they did it like that, it must work for everyone!” I’ve read a lot even went through the whole growing for dummies course :joy:. But I now see it is essential and less stressful for the seedlings. I believe I received the book in my email. I’ll go ahead and check it out. :+1:t2:

1 Like

i swear the more you think you know the more you grow you will be like i dont know crap. every day i am like i didnt know that or i didnt know that would happen or whats that.

2 Likes

In all fairness as well, a lot of sources (ILGM included) say you should just plant your seed right into its first intended container and this is was stumped us too. It’s true, but it seems it’s good for them to have a little “starter home” first. Somewhere they can develop a strong and healthy root system that won’t be overwhelmed by all the pot it has to fill. Just my opinion, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have done it both ways and one plant direct in 5 gal was great. i also transplanted autos and it was great. do what works for you

1 Like

How long have they been outside? My first attempt sat small for a long time because I had them inside without adequate light. Once I put them under a little grow light, they went crazy. Then I transplanted them into their forever homes and out they went… even with my early challenges they are doing great now. I just say all this because it’s exactly what mine did…just sat there not growing.

1 Like