Autopot's and More

120 watt cfl is pretty weak on light, not sure a high yield strain would matter in low energy space.

I am not against othwr lights but from what I read this was the right amount for the space 35 to 50 per sqft . if I am misinformed PLEASE tell me what to use instead!! I am open to all suggestions !!!

Ok, one more. I’ve been trying to find info on the average amount of time it takes for the aquavalve to go through one fill/dry cycle. Does it usually take a day? 2 days? 12 hours?

In my system, I’m going to be the reservoir & aquavalve, fill the pot’s tank as needed. I don’t want to do it too often, nor do I want to let the root zone dry out.

Also, there’s only an inch or 2 of water in the autopot tray, right?

Around 20mm of mixture in the tray. Not sure on time but its not that long, 3 plants on a reservoir can drink the whole 12gal res in 5 days. And that only from my experience. So of you do the math ot does get filled quite often per day. Can be up to 150ml/tray/hour or something if not more if you calculate this roughly

Unlike some documentation that states the autopot allows for wet and dry periods, I don’t find that to be the case.

As for your question @blackthumbbetty that depends totally on the stage of the plant. Mid veg to mid flower they drink a lot and often. The tray may not empty once in a day in early veg.

Since the “valve” operates by hydrostatic pressure, the little rubber gommet stays sealed for a period of time (not long a few minutes) once the tray level (valve floats) drop enough to no longer be supported by liquid. The “weight” of those floats and the hydrostatic seal are now working to unseal the stopper and allow more liquid through the valve. During rapid/strong growth (with just one plant) this may happen once or more per hour give or take. Goal is to keep as close to that 20mm as possible knowing that brief dry periods will only help

Basically… the roots at the bottom are always sitting in water/nutrient solution… it don’t dry and water… it’s a wicking system… so the plants drink whenever they want … you must understand that the plant will build air roots and water roots… so when you give them there own space they can flourish as one… that’s why so many people have a hard time top watering there plants… you only want to pour so much water through the pot , so its enough to water but the water actually pulls air through the pot as the water flows through… :wink:
More reading is necessary for you young grasshopper… @blackthumbbetty :wink:

:v::sunglasses: