Autopot reservoir PH

New user to Autopot. It is a one pot system, using a spring pot filled with coco / perlite. Had top fed for for a week + and also put a liter in the tray 2 times. On 4/9 put 7 gallons of Jacks 3-2-1 ph 6.0 ppm 1200 in the res and opened the valve.
I figured it was time to check its ph so pulled a sample from the tray using a syringe. The ph has increased to 6.6. The res has a pump to circulate and aerate the water. It cycles on / off every 30 minutes. Agree that this is too high?
Should I empty the res and start fresh?
Or, add ph down to the res to bring in back to 5.8 - 6.0?
7 gallons was more than needed for the size of this Purple Kush. Will refill with less until the update increases.

3 Likes

I have to monitor/adjust PH every few days. Perfectly normal.

1 Like

Yeah I was anticipating it would increase. I will mix a gallon for seedlings at it will increase a point or two after a day or two.
Just adjust what is in the reservoir?
The plant does seem to like the set up so far.

1 Like

I check and adjust every couple of days.

2 Likes

Are u using ro water or tap water. I know as the plant eats nutes the ph will change as the nute levels drop. Maybe this is whats haplening ive notice i jave to adjust my ph in my bucket quite a bit also. They do have a ph perfect stuff to keep ph whaere u set it at not sure how it works or what its called ive seen it talked about on here tho.

Right now I am using tap water ph 7.5 and ppm 180+_. I will switch to collected rain water once the weather cooperates. Last year ppm <10.
I knew / expected the ph to drift up. I was a little surprised it went from 5.9/6.0 to 6.6. I pumped 5 gallons out and adjusted it to 5.8. Not much was left in the res and the reservoir ended up at 5.9. Good until I check again.
I did search for ph stabilizers and did not come up with anything other than ph up - down. I will have to look more carefully.

@beardless advanced nutrients make it. Its called ph perfect believe it is for hydro and dwc stuff to keep ph at what u set it at. Hope u find it. Search ph perfect online it pops up

1 Like