Autopot, mixed grow. Steep learning curve

Yep waht he says. I wait till I am sure the stretch is over. Then I go nuts with the clippers lol

2 Likes

I’m a bit more aggressive than others with the defoliation, I try to remove all sucker branches before flowering and remove all large fans leaves weekly the first 3-4 weeks of flowering.

4 Likes

looks great, keep me posted.if you dont mind. @Midlander

1 Like

bummer, it is a male. like your other plants @Midlander

1 Like

they should fill up that space nice being only 6 days of flower @Midlander

1 Like

@Midlander How long did you veg?

1 Like

Will do @wheelz70, it is a pity it was a boy but all a learning curve

2 Likes

Hey @TLC I vegged for around 10 weeks. I feel like they got a bit of a slow start with some mistakes I make early on and they seem to have taken off since I turned the autopots on

1 Like

always learning something new.lol. but its all good. have a good one. @Midlander

2 Likes

thanks,i appreciate it. @Midlander

1 Like

how has that worked out for you?? @Hellraiser

Does anyone have experience with these Calmag granules? CaliMagic and other liquid supplements are not available locally that I have seen. This has more Nitrogen I believe so am hesitant to add too much going into flower. Not really sure the correct dosage have been using 5g per 10l. I feel like I’m always on the edge with the Calcium. The micro that I’m using is Coco-micro with added Calcium and Magnesium so should also be assisting with the supplement. Current nutes : EHG, 16ml grow, 8ml coco-micro, 5g calmag granules, ph 5.8, EC/PPM 1.4/700 , per 10l. It also really pushes up the EC so trying to find a balance with recomended nute ratios, calmag and keep the EC where I want it. @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet @Nicky

Never used that but it has more nitrogen than calcium

I’ve always used calcium nitrate for my cal
15-0-0, 19% Ca & 15.5% Nitrogen

Magnesium sulfate for my mag
0-0-9.4, 9.8% Mg & 12.9% Sulfate

Ide be careful trusting that product, the reason there is not 1 nute all in one bag or bottle is because you have to dilute certain chemicals otherwise they react with others and negate them out.
Otherwise there would be 1 bottle for veg and 1 bottle for bloom

1 Like

I would order some calmag, hardly anything I use is available locally.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to try hunt some down

@Midlander How do you like the auto pots? This is my first run with them had a minor overflow this morning nothing serious everything was fine woke up and there was water on the floor. I have it under control now.

1 Like

@TLC I saw that on your journal, sorry mate… I’m really enjoying them so far. I like the idea of the gravity fed system as we have have rolling power cuts across the country and it helps to know that at least that won’t affect fertigation, lights is another story. I am also a fan of how tidy the setup is, pretty dry top layer to help keep gnats and other nasties away, no standing water to increase humidity etc.
Changing the feed is the res is a bit of a pain if you have to drain it out so at changes I’ve actually just added the new mix to the last bit left in the res, I think that will help transition the plants. I’m using the 225l flexi tank and there is probably around 20l mix below the output valve which makes it a pain if you want to add a completely new mix to the tank. As @Nicky said earlier since I turned the system on they have have got their ‘hydro legs’ and have grown rapidly…

1 Like

Apologies @TLC it was @Not2SureYet s journal that I saw the blockage and flooding. I am keeping an eye on the autovalves and so far am yet to see any roots coming out of the pots.

He had a flood with gogrow valves not autopots, he is trying both methods.

2 Likes

Hopefully come tomorrow that issue will be fixed. I am hoping it is just a design flaw

1 Like