Autopot, mixed grow. Steep learning curve

One issue with the way I’ve mounted the drivers will be access to the potentiometers at the back down the line if I need to adjust power though…

1 Like

Our setups are very similar. I installed a garden tap between mine with my water tanks to feed the autopots on either side.

Went away for the weekend to see my sisters and their families, was the first time in months so was really great to catch up. Came back to this, a couple spots and holes, not many maybe 5 leaves in total scattered around the grow.

Looks like tiny white?? Have no idea, will pull out my macro lens later a see if I can get a better shot if any are still around.
Did a thorough Neem oil spray at lights out. Plants always seem to love it and look happy the next morning. I’m hoping to keep them in here to veg until the end of the month before moving them to the flowering tent
Can’t seem to find Spinosad locally but picked up this not sure if anyone has had experience with something similar?

Sorry can’t see the active ingredients in above pic

1 Like

I decided to turn on the auto8 today, roots showing on all the pots. Only very few on the youngest GSC#2 Auto, but she’s going to have to tag along with the rest now. In EC 1.1 ph 6.0 These are the roots from GSC#1 Auto top right a few posts up. @Nicky @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Why 6ph and not 5.8?

Also you may want to convert to tds not ec on this forum =p

I’m excited for them to all get their hydro legs!

2 Likes

Hey @Nicky thought somewhere between 5.5 and 6.5 was acceptable. I have been aiming at as close to 6.0 as possible as it seems to be the number that most nutes can be absorbed on the chart. Do you recommend trying to stick to 5.8 for all fertigation going forward?

2 Likes

New seeds going in to shot glasses today.

4 x Gelato
2 x Nebula CBD
2 x GSC

All fem

I set up an AutoPot 4 system a month ago. My instructions said to put the copper cloth in the bottom of the pot, not underneath it. I haven’t had any roots coming through the bottom of my pots.

I also have AutoPot SmartPot setup. On those there is a copper “sock” that goes on the outside of the fabric pot.

1 Like

Hi @CMichGrower, that is interesting… I’ve actually seen than and looked into it but followed the instructions that came with the individual autopots which said black cloth inside and copper underneath.

The auto8 does come with socks, but I just moved the control disks that I was using with the single pots when I moved them over. Socks will definitely be used in there with the next veg grow.

I actually tried to get more socks as they just seem better recently but was battling to find local stock and so far roots have definitely been turning away from them

1 Like

Can you re use the copper control disks if you put them inside the pot? What condition are they in after a grow?

Don’t know yet but I’ll be able to tell you in about eight more weeks. I don’t think it will hurt the copper mat on the inside anymore then the outside. It’s suppose to be covered with 1 or 2 inches of perlite or clay pebbles or similar so only water and roots come in contact it for the most part. I can’t imagine it matters.

If the copper mat does goes bad more are available from your friendly AutoPot dealer. Mine sells them for $1.80 each.

1 Like

I just looked it up to make sure, but when you put it inside the pot it is suppose to go in copper side down.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks!

Copper side towards your plant, can you provide a link to where it says copper side Down?
I am i fabric and thus I buy the socks they come with the sock facing copper side jn.
You can re use them just the copper finish will not be shiny anymore.

Soil is 6-7 but really more like 6.4-6.8
Soil less mediums/hydro/coco is 5.6-6

Here is a better chart to look at, shows you why allowing your PH to swing a couple points is important

2 Likes

Control disk can go in or out side the pots. I am sure I have a sheet still from mine to show that. Copper up too. I just made my own disk out of a 5 gallon soft pot. No copper :grin: I have 8 plants done that way. 2 that are close to being done. Since you are in coco. 6 is great. I run between 5.8 and 6.1 Where ever the ph wants to stay stable at. I just learned from not paying attention. 6.6 using Jacks makes un happy plants. I ran them for a week like that. I better pay better attention lol. just burnt a few leaf tips was all. I would turn the system on now. Especially with that many roots. They will start drinking right away.

1 Like

Instructions that came with my 4 pot system

1 Like

My base is round and came with the pot sock. It looks like they are now just selling the disc for the 6.6 pots

Seeds have germed very well so far in the H2O2 water mix. 4 x Gelato and 2 x Nebula have been in 36hrs and I’m skipping the paper towel and planting straight away as the tap root is long enough already. Did a little spray over the seed of the same pH balanced water with peroxide. One Gelato seed has not germed yet but I planted it anyway as I managed to knock over the shot glass, so in she went. The 2 x GSC have only been in for 18 hrs so will give them another day

Seeds under the T5 temp 24.8C RH 40. I’m going to steal a plastic tray from the kitchen to use as a dome for the next couple days, :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here are the girls, hopefully! Bag Seed is still 50/50 though :grimacing:. Sticky trap has picked up 2 gnats over the last 24hrs, and some torn leaves… :expressionless:

CBD+ never skipped a beat after being split in half, I am too scared to give her lst so she will just run her course for now.
GSC#1 auto
GSC#2 mutant
Blue Widows

1 Like