Autopot guide indoor & outdoor

@Nicky Thanks for starting this guide. It has been very helpful in my decsion to grow with Autopots!

1 Like

You will have to buy a scale that measures in grams and such…
Dry powder weights is how you measure everything out…
Mind you that i still only use liquid nutrients myself…
Have another 2 year’s till i run out… :grin:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I bought this one an it’s great. only thing I found to be a pain is changing the batteries, 4 small screws to try and hold. The reason for weighing is that there can be quite a difference in powdered nutes as you use them up the smaller bits go to the bottom and you can fit more in a teaspoon than you can can off the top larger granules.
Amazon.com: Gram Scale Pocket Size, 200/0.01g Small Scale w/ Tray, Herb Coin Scale LCD Backlight Arrow Scale with USB Power Supply Port Read in 6 Units 50g Calibration Weight Included : Office Products

1 Like

Thanks much @pillsbury!

I just added that scale to my cart. Like anything, once I get used to dry powder nutes, it will be as second nature as mixing liquid nutes…its simple but VERY important to get right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the only thing I don’t like is waiting for them to dissolve so you can add the next in line, but very important steps to take. I do 5 gallons at a time and have a wave maker in the bottom to keep them mixed so put them on timers but I just let it run all the time.

1 Like

@HiSpeed your most welcome

@pillsbury agreed on the dissolve.

Tricks to help with this.

Pour a 5 gallon bucket 2 days before, let it sit and become room temp then mix in there. I personally make a concentrate then add it to 20g in my reservoir so I have 25 gallons in my reservoir.
Cold water doesn’t help, warm water helps even more.

Use a bamboo stick to stir the bucket, or drop in a wave maker.

Everytime I finish nutrients, I pour next times fresh water bucket.

3 Likes

And I thought I was the only one who made concentrates first. Don’t hear many mention it. I make my concentrate in a gallon jug then just add it in to 5 gallons of water until my ppm is right and then ph it. Add it to my reservoir.

3 Likes

Another a concentrate mixer here!

3 Likes

I ran Chemgro 420 before I ran Jack’s, for years. They have concentrate instructions so I knew I could do it safely.

Most people don’t hear about chemgro but hydrogardens makes chemgro and they have been making high quality hydro nutrients since the 60s and they sold alot of tomatoe formula until cannabis was legalized in their state. Then they tweaked it a bit and make a 420 batch for cannabis specifyly.
Both are great, ide run chemgro again and just run it as I do Jack’s to try it out.
They have a week by week schedule and I used to follow that but to hard for me when I work away for 2-3 weeks at a time so I switched to Jack’s and Jack’s was cheaper.

However with fertilizer shortage if anyone’s missing out on jacks just go get chemgro 420. Amazing company

As a Canadian where do you locate the jacks

1 Like

John’s plant factory was the only place I coild find it 2 months ago… Before we had abiut 3 options…

It’s next to impossible to find to be honest due to the war and fertilizer shortage.
If you can’t find it google Chemgro 420, by hydrogardens and get those guys to ship you a pack of their chemgro 420 along with calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate.
Part A is Jack’s or chemgro part B & C are the other two.

So even if you get Jack’s later you’ll still need the calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate.

They won’t ship it to on their website but phone them and they will, great people.

We used to get it from GardenTech but 2 or 3 months ago his website was being revamped or something… Can try both

2 Likes

The phenos for these Cherry OG testers are all over the place height wise. I thought about raising the front plants up but I worry about the gravity of filling the trays. Thoughts?

5 Likes

As long as the tray is 6" lower then the reservoir your fine.

3 Likes

It’s probably going to be a combination of supercropping, raising the front plants, and trellis action.

2 Likes

@Nicky I’m sure this has been covered but do you run any product like florakleen in your rez full time? Or just for clean outs?

I ran drip clean and didn’t find it helped much. So now I just clean

1 Like

I run drip clean also but like @Nicky said I don’t know that it does much.

2 Likes

That’s right it was drip clean, don’t know why I was thinkin florakleen

2 Likes

I use dripclean and run it in the rez. I also don’t know if it makes a difference, but it is useful for soaking and cleaning everything after the grow.

4 Likes

Thanks, Good tip, how are you mixing it to clean?