Autopot guide indoor & outdoor

Thanks @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

They just give a general guideline, and it’s not well explained. Of course 12 days would greatly differ from you growing outside vs me growing inside my tent…

2 Likes

I have to agree with @Nicky here for sure. If you are doing photos. You can test it out since you can control things. But with autos. I also wait till I am at least the size of the pots too. You have my number if you ever want to give me a yell @emgoldslo :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Not2SureYet

I’ll text you Sunday to chat. Busy tonight and gone all day tomorrow.

2 Likes

@Nicky So I pulled the trigger and bought the 4 pot xl system with 5gl spring pots. Been doing tons of reading and want to get everything I’ll need ordered so I can start in a few weeks. 1 thing that I keep seeing is that a lot of people are saying to use the big chunk (#4) perlite instead of hydroton balls. Reason being is there could be ph issues with the hydroton vs none with the perlite… any thoughts?

4 Likes

Dirt? Is not soil… and since we speak about things such as soil, peat based mixes, coco almost interchangeably its hard to know what dirt is? Its dirty… not clean. Or is it soily or soiled? Or is it organic based soil vs a soiless medium?

2 Likes

I just thought I would toss another option in. @ravenchief is using plastic golf balls in his pots and likes them. I need to give them a shot my self. I re use the clay balls in my systems. I cut the bottom of the pot to get them and the air stones. Then toss the rest. I was re using my coco when it was getting harder to find here. I have a nice back up again so new stuff will be used for a while :grin: I have been using the ro valves and would recommend them over the rain birds if you still need those for on and off valves. I got a kit with an assortment of fittings. It was almost cheaper that way too. :grin:

2 Likes

@Pinboy the plastic golf balls are a good option as @Not2SureYet explained. I’ve been reading some people not even do that as well.

Stay away from those clay balls don’t use them they cause ph issues at times if you don’t self buffer them for 48hr and arnt worth the hassle Imo.

1 Like

Thanks guys, getting it all whittled down, I have those valves on my sure to buy list. I’m getting closer! I wish I could start right away but I have to time the end of the current grow

2 Likes

You’re going to enjoy the auto pots. I keep adding to my collection. Started with a 2 pot system, added 4 more and now 3 single pot system. My medium is coco and perlite and I line the bottom of the fabric pot with small river pebbles :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’ll let you work out all the kinks so I can learn from you lol!!!

1 Like

Yea they are nice. @OGIncognito i have the 4 pot system. Don’t use anything but straight coco in my fabric pots. So far they run great. No issues

3 Likes

@KPC not sure if your aware but there are tons of us on the forums in autopots now…

4 Likes

Oh I am aware have been following your thread too. @Pinboy and I are using the same light and have been helping each other on our grows.

2 Likes

Misery loves company eh Nicky?? Lol, just kidding. Ive been eyeballing these things for over a year. It’s nice that there’s a good support group for them here, I’m sure I’ll be leaning on you guys in the coming months!

3 Likes

Just do it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00139NDWE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I have a small tent, so this one is what I got.
It is the best $100 I’ve spent on my set-up.

3 Likes

Oh I did! I bought the 4 pot xl system

7 Likes

Did you get the spring pot system? I bought both and prefer the fabric pots

3 Likes

Right on, I’m enjoying just doing health checks daily versus running multiple gallon jugs of nutrients for top feeding :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Yep, 5gl spring pots. I plan on rolling them down a bit as I don’t plan on growing monsters and also get roots to the trays a lil quicker

3 Likes