Autopot guide indoor & outdoor

I am confused lol Are you trying to dry in the jars? :thinking:

Cure in jars, firstbyou get it mostly dry, then finish by burping the remaining moisture out.

1 Like

Everyone just thinks I’m an amateur now thnx boys lol…

I dried the whole plants, then I bucket trimmed them and tossed them in jars to cure but they are to dry my hygrometers are reading 50RH so I’m going to need to add some mosture.
That’s why I prefer wet trim, I don’t over dry.
My stems didn’t even snap they bent but leafs were Crispy and yet Stoll to dry.

Make sense @Not2SureYet @Cannabian

3 Likes

LOL, I saw all the leaves still on is why I asked. If those are bucket trimmed. I really would be looking for another way to trim if they were mine. :neutral_face: Seedplanter in the lab found a brush you use on the plants after they dry for trimming. I will get a link to show you. He dry trims his plants. It is a canna brush. I will see if he has used it yet

8 Likes

Trics be gone !

2 Likes

Looks nice for those of us that dry trim…
And that’s me…
Most of the time…
:+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m not a dry trimmer I’m a wet trimmer but logistics just made it work this way, sucking being away for a week at a time and having to ask someone else to trim for you…
So the bucket trim method was chosen, when it’s all done ill line up some buds and snap a shot of them to show you… Some look pretty good though.

Im 5hr away at the Montana border screening for covid coming into Canada… At least until Monday night then days off!

1 Like

Okay so the girl took a picture of a blackberry buds, they are nice and rock hard she said but long smaller style buds. I think this has to do with the fact it’s a 50/50 hybrid, it did however produce probably the second most bud.
Blackberry buds

The girl thinks the purple gorilla by short stuff produced the most, excised to try this strain out as its a GG4 crossed with OG Kush and Amnesia haze auto, coming in at a 23% rating I hope that it is that strong for me (I could pay 40$ to get it tested but I’ll do my own testing lol).

The Tangie had long skinny sativa buds so long they wouldn’t fit in a half gallon Mason jar I’m intrigued to try this as well @Not2SureYet this is the first strian I have grown that was recommended by someone else and your the one who recommended it. Although I did expect it to grow bigger, wait did you say it was a big plant or just a potent plant I can’t remember now?
What do you think of it’s growth, was yours much bigger?
Tangie on the right, blackberry left.

I grew two island sweet skunks, although I don’t know if they are Infact island sweet skunks because I got them from Pacific Seed Bank and they are frauds so it is what it is.
One was outdoor one was indoor.

I’ll share more pictures with everyone when I get home Tuesday.
The Northern lights are still outside if they haven’t flopped over and died… So I’ll be rigging ym shed up with some lights to see if I can finish them indoors once the temp drops.

And we have the lsd 25 as well as the purple Afghan.
Seems everything is sitting at about 44% RH so thats unfortunate, lost some terps for sure with the bucket trim and dry trim methods.
We will try to stick to wet trimming in the future but it was a mix of not having time as well as wanting to try the bucket trim method.
It seems to work well, a little more waste then I prefer but even the girl doesn’t mind it.
So backup trim Method

8 Likes

You crack me up. I have not grown that one yet. But do have it. It is supposed to be a big plant. I did the TXL :grin: And I just jarred the DT. I got a cola like that too :laughing: Your plants are all looking extra good there :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

You definitely told me to grow it Brian! Hahaha
Maybe because I was looking for an auto sativa with a high thc % at the time and you said that one.
I think it’s a decent plant I woildnt say it is anything shocking, the blackberry was a shocker to be honest and the purple gorilla was another shocker.
I didn’t search these trains I simply got given them in a feebie reward from a seed bank.
Unfortunately the dry wieght, which I will get, won’t be as high as expected because of the bucket trim method. Again I’m not worried because all this trims going to make me some bubble hash for the first time!

Yes I do remember the TXL @Not2SureYet but I’m going to grow that outdoors next year (and one indoor at the same time).

Ps what has been your biggest yeilding plant with a great caylx to leaf ratio? Feel free to reply everyone

5 Likes

that bud looks very lovely @Nicky I love the color.

2 Likes

Thank you sir, It does I can’t wait to see it in person.
I might take some pictures with the good camera

2 Likes

That is definitely one fine looking cola. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks it is pretty just I wish it was fatter, oh well genetics is what it is.
Your jars look so nice! Big and full of nice big buds!

1 Like

Linning up all the RH sensors to make sure they are all close, or I’ll return some.
Buckets are full of bud but most of them need a final cleanup.
Just got home so taking a bit of downtime.
I. Bought some island sweet skunk from the market while mine cures, vaped it in the volcano.

Smoke report
Smells a bit skunky/musty with a hint of chocolate or something.
15% thc
Helped me headache good clear stone not to intoxicating, uplifting… Decent

10 Likes

Humidity packs ordered, all of the buckets and jars as side from one are stable at 59-62% and that’s close enough to toss a humidity pack in and let it sit to stabilize.
Jars are ready for pickup so once humidity packs come in this week I’ll go get the jars, weigh everything up and submit my weights while finalizing in jars.

The bucket method is totally usable but I prefer wet trim if I have time, although the longer dry method from hanging the whole plant is much superior so I really need to get my humidity in my check before trimming/drying plants branch by branch. With the bucket method there is potential for alot of your bud to be smashed down into shake.
Thankfully it is recovered in the bubble hash method.
So I spent a day making bubble had with a total of about 14 plants trim and here is the result.
Big portion is full melt bubble hash, two smaller. Portions are high and low side of melt thst will be used for edibles or oils.

My first bubble hash dry/cure so trying to find info as to how to do this properly any advice would be much appreciated
@Drinkslinger
@dbrn32
@Myfriendis410
@MattyBear
@Not2SureYet
@Drinkslinger
@Watt-Sun
@WickedAle
@PurpNGold74

10 Likes

Looking good. I was supposed to make some today too. Not sure if it will happen though. You have a great looking pile there. I expect some thing more like the little pile there :grin:

1 Like

Some hash is always better than no hash!

1 Like

This was my first bubble hash attempt.

I put it on the 25 micron screen provided, with paper towel underneath.
Switched the paper towel and then chopped it up all fine to assist with drying.
Tossed in the fridge for the night and now I have it in the grow rooms closet in the dark and I will leave it there for now.
Not sure where to go from here, if I need to move it or how long to leave it sit…

Ps I’m iuts likes boyz

3 Likes

If you can find a source for dry ice I strongly recommend you try it. One screen (73 micron) for the whole run. 2 pounds will do as much flower as you care to shake. And instantly ready to smoke.

5 Likes