Automatic watering system, looking for advice

@MattyBear will coco transplant well? Or once roots form in solo the coco will hold together fine? Canna coco with 30% perlite seems a bit loose. I’m catching on to your thinking.

1 Like

Thank you @skyroo1029. Do you have a picture handy? I’m thinking 5 gallon bucket reservoir will that work?

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. It actually stays better together when wet so don’t let it dry out before transplanting and when you transplant, make sure to water your new coco with the same ppm and ph that you gave on your last feeding. Make sure you always have enough calmag on hand growing in coco because the coco will absorb most of the calcium before the roots do :v::bear:

2 Likes

Always water to runoff. It helps flush any salts built up. If you water every day in veg, you won’t need a lot of water to get runoff. You can water twice a day in late veg or early flower too. It’s damn near impossible to overwater coco

Also, you should be feeding every time you water. If you aren’t using a coco specific nutrient line, I would recommend feeding daily starting at 1/3 dose for the stage you’re at. Then adjust up or down accordingly.

@MattyBear thanks your being a great help. I’ve buffered my canna coco heavily with calmag anf plan on using calmag thru out the veg. I plan on using advanced nutrients sensi coco A/B. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

No promix is not hydrophobic because its peat based. Peat is a sponge.

1 Like

No problem. Keep me updated and we always like seeing pictures :wink::v::bear:

1 Like

No…besides mine is connected to a preasured system…but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with gravity feed system…the timer also operates off of a single AA battery that has lasted over a year so far…very inexpensive
You ca also adjust minutes and days or whatever…really streach out the days between watering when young…then shorten the days as they get older…