AUTOFLOWERS--> Nutes vs. CO2

Quick poll type question here for you all:

For a typical 3-5 ‘auto flower’ plant, SOIL grow, indoor closet set-up, with adequate ventilation, WOULD YOU RATHER…?

→ Invest in CO2? (Just The bags, not the tank set up, I’m still a noob here) If so, what brand would u recommend?
OR
→ Invest in a full set of quality nutrients? If so, what BRAND would you recommend for autos?

***for sake of argument, PLZ CHOOSE 1 or the other, NOT BOTH…or feel free to even just include your experiences with them & your favorite brands &/or type if necessary…not too concerned with pricing as a full quality set of nutrients runs roughly around the same price as many of the CO2 bag options.
I am a beginner so I am introducing one or 2 new technical aspects to my grow each time I start a new plant…as I’d like to get better familiar with each aspect as well as record the results & improvements that came from them…so plz help me decide over CO2 vs. Quality Nutes because I’m NOT going both on this grow.
TNX ALL!!

Both!!!
So there

1 Like

Nutes
@MedMan1878

2 Likes

:grimacing: I wish…sry I edited the post slightly rite after you replied…
“I am a beginner so I am introducing one or 2 new technical aspects to my grow each time I start a new plant…so plz help me decide over CO2 vs. Quality Nutes because I’m NOT going both on this grow.” …my apologies!

What about co2 and not so good quality nutes like an 11$ bottle of dynagrow veg?
Is that not possible?

1 Like

Go with the nutes, having good ventilation will provide adequate co2.

5 Likes

Tnx! What brand would u recommend for autos??

Recommendations for brands of either nutes or Co2 bags will definitely help…Tnx!

Tnx. What brand(s) or type of nutes or fertilizers would you recommend??

Exhale = 20$
Dynagrow = 11$

Co2 raises humidity and only works above 80degrees

I don’t think one is necessarily better than the others. Do you want organic or does that not matter?

I would invest in nutes @MedMan1878 if it were me.
Flower Power nutes are supposed to work well, I’ll be trying them my next grow.
I’ve used Vermicrop Organics nutrient line it’s a dry fertilizer you add to the soil and water in with micronutrients this worked great for me on the 2 grows I’ve used them.

I agree with @dbrn32 a good exhaust fan should supply adequate co2 for your plants.

2 Likes

I’d go with nutes as well. Co2 is more common in a commercial grow but not “needed” for smaller personal grows. However, having good nutes and knowing how to use them will pay off in the long run IMO. So there’s my vote! Nutes

2 Likes

If you want to have a great experience with the nutrients that is very simple you should check out the flower power starter packs

4 Likes

I would definitely start with good nutes. Flower power has produced some nice looking, dense, buds during my first grow. I also used Fox Farms nutes as well. I’d have to say the flower power line seems to have out performed FF line on this first grow. I never really got above half strength either… except for this one time at band camp

4 Likes

@MedMan1878

Nutes for sure.

It is very unlikely the CO2 will ever be a limiting factor in a amateur Grow. However poor or inadequate nutes will ruin your yield.

5 Likes

@Hogmaster

Happy birthday hog man! :pig:

2 Likes

Thank you @Ray4x

1 Like

I have a great recipe for a lube if you were inserting anything at band camp

5 Likes

So did she but that was Yeaaaaarrrrssss ago.

2 Likes