Autoflowers, from soaking seeds to amber trichomes in 10 1/2 weeks

I received an autoflower mix from ILGM on April 1st. I immediately started soaking two each and was successful with five. Amnesia (x2), Northern Lights (x2), and Blueberry

The first time I was caught off guard was when they started flowering just 3 1/2 weeks in and by the end of April all five were flowering. I figured from what everyone was saying that they would be ready for harvest sometime in July.

Well yesterday I was reading another thread where someone mentioned that the easiest way to tell when they are close to finishing was looking for the white pistils to turn dark. Well I glanced at my girls and four of five no longer had white pistils. I tried using a loop, but my eyesight is so bad I can’t see much so I took photos. I’d share them with you, but I’m having problems uploading them, but the point is the trichomes are all cloudy and some are starting to turn amber, IN 10 1/2 WEEKS from receiving the seeds and starting the soak!

Oh well, you’ll have to believe me, photo won’t upload.

So today I started flushing, I’ll try to give them two more weeks but if too many trichomes start turning amber I’ll have to chop them sooner.

1 Like

Oh look, the photo uploaded!

1 Like

Looks good. If you get an overall shot of the plant, we give you a for sure answer. So far it looks ready.

Uploading: 684AA2B6-66A4-465C-961A-3B13389F2A80.jpeg…

I’ve been trying to upload a picture for the last few hours but had not much success. If it works, Amnesia Haze on the left, Blueberry next, then two Northern Lights. The three on the left have been outside for a month and are between 32-37 inches tall from the top of the pot. The small Northern Light, and the not yet ready Amnesia were grown indoors under identical conditions with the NL being 24 inches tall and the AH being 43 inches tall.

Being my first autoflower grow I just let them go, only trimming dead and dying leaves.

Congratulations. I was reading an article that was talking about how autos are popular bc 11 weeks is all you need to have a harvest. Sounds like most run on the 3 weeks and transition into flower. At least the 3 i ran did the same. Be sure to check the trichs on the bud. Trichs on the sugar leaf will turn amber alot faster than the ones on the bud

Congrats on germinating NL I was 0 for 5.
I keep a harvest summary - days, weights
Blueberry auto days to harvest 88, 102, 108
Amnesia haze auto days to harvest 117, 118, 123
Are the pistils on mid-plant and lower buds also brown?

Finally got a photo to upload, these are the five autoflowers mentioned above.

Here is a picture of the Blueberry turning a nice shade of blue

And some more trichome shots from last Friday.

1 Like

Looks great