Autoflowers are all short?

Damn bro sounds badass this is my first grow and ive learned so much i got the basics down ill look into it…it seems easy money

2 Likes

So would the ff 70/30 coir mixed with perlite work?

1 Like

Heres a better look at kinda how it works.

Hose runs from reservoir to the floats in the tray and fills up as needed depending on how fast the plant eats leaving it up to the plant to take what it wants whenever it wants.

3 Likes

So you could absolutely use soil or the coco loco just put like alot if perlite, i use 50/50 coco-coir perlite or these things called buddy stones and coco-coir.
The little bit of soil will have nutrients fir them at first but after a few weeks you would just feed them the same as I do .

Theres so many people useing them with all kinds of stuff, just plain 100% perlite is even an option

Looks pretty self sustained once its all set up…i was checkin ac infinity has the auto waterers

2 Likes

Theres many out there but autopots are the best imho.
They the only ones have these “aqua valve 5” floats tjey call them.
They have a world wide patent so no one else can make them.
Basic “hempy pots” or octopots work the same or other wicking bottom feed systems, but autopots are the ones has these floats.

2 Likes

I seen em whole single plant system $80 not bad

1 Like

Ok. I havnt done any of the tent stuff or anything else. No nutrients. Just rabbit poo/compost soil. Its in a 5 gal puckett and theres plenty of room for the roots. It probaly could use a bit of sand fpr drainage. The soild holds alot of moisture. Ive done no ph testing and once in a while i will add a scoop of compost .
It stays in my greengouse that has a heater in it. It stays about 50 degrees . So i should trim the auto? Is it too late to do thay since its already budding?

I grow autos all the time i really havent experienced a short stunted autoflower before but i can give you some tips on how to make sure u dont get a stunted plant again .Now this is what i do and i have no problems with my autos but i need to ask you a few questions first and they are what medium are using is it soil or coco coir or deep water culture and the second question is what nutrients are you using are you growing with organics or are you using bottled nutrients and what is ur ph of ur water after you add ur nutrients

1 Like

Our first harvest is drying, we did 3 banana kush autos, straight canna coir on 2 plants with jacks nutes, and a superb soil from p4p, water only.

Soil produced 3 ozs and the cocos will avg 4-5 ozs a piece. All 3 avg about 4 ft. Being new, the way we used our new light probably stretched them a little.

Love them autos.

1 Like

The most i got from two autos was a pound six ounces from one and ten ounces from the other auto i do have pics if you want to see them

1 Like

We just wanted a simple grow without too many self inflicted errors that allowed us to observe mostly and hopefully grow our own.

We have a 2x3, okay, more like 3 ft x 21 inches.
Autos thus far have exceeded our expectations.

To me, autos are just another tool in the tool box. Right now, the space calls for smaller tools.

Ok so thanks. Im using a compost/ rabbit poo soil mixture. In a greenhous that has a thermostat that turns on at 50 degrees Fahrenheit ( im in Virginia, USA) im gonna test thebph of the soil but as of right now i just threw a seed in and watered it. Pinched a smidge off and it is potent enough. Just not alot of it.

Thoughts?

@Edward75 I can’t tell where the pH is on that meter! So no thots on what’s up. And I checked the entire thread, I don’t see any pics of your plants! All I know is they are short and budding, which means you kept them alive this far doing whatever it is you’re doing, and seems to be working?
What are your concerns other than having short autos?

Ok ur soil ph needs to be around 6.5 to 6 .7 ph i would put some Dolomite lime in ur soil that should bring ur ph up if you have worm castings add some worm castings to ur soil mix the best way i find to get ur plants bigger is use peat pots to start ur plants off there a square peat pot or they do come in around shape aswell you fill the peat pots with soil mixed with worm castings and when u go to germinate ur seeds get ur self some make up removel pads place ur seeds on the pad spray it down with water making it damp cover with another pad spray it down with water and place into a cd case put the case in a warm dark place with in 24 hours ur seeds should be popped it may take 30 hours for seeds to pop once there done plant them into the peat pots and plant those peat pots into ur final pots and now let them grow only give ur seedlings about 40-50 mls of water every three to four days thats how it get autos to be big theres no transplant shock .but if u have plants already up and there stunted in growth you have a choice you can let them go or start fresh theres not much you can do for stunted autos

I have a ton of worm castings. I live on a farm and have 2 monster worm bins for composting.

The thing thats bothering me is the flowers arent very plentiful
I think im gonna try the epsom salt in a gallon Of water. And i have some lime here its too late for this grow but im gonna start 4 more autos and work to get the ph right.

1 Like

What exactly dose this consist of? Just rabit poo and compost?
Cannibus needs a super loamy soil that drains extremely well to have a healthy root system.
If it doesn’t have healthy roots you end up with less then ideal results :confused:

1 Like

Soil with better drainage. Ok so i should ammend the soil with… sand? Wood ash? Top soil? Ive got 3 more buckets im gonna start but im gonna add something. Im wide oprn to suggestions.

1 Like

I recommend perlite for added drainage. Some people use vermiculite. I’m sure there are others. I have one run with autos under my belt and pulled just shy of a pound from four zkittlez autos. They were all short but very bushy. I have three gg4 autos now about halfway through flowering. They’re taller and every bit as bushy. I expect a better yield than last time.

I think LST is the key to yield with autos. Spread them out as much as you can. Mine look like they have a dozen main colas. It doesn’t really matter if they’re small as long as they’re loaded with buds.

1 Like