Autoflowers are all short?

Are all auto flowers very small? My limmited experience has seen 2 of them grow to about 2 feet. They really didnt peoduce much either.
Am i doing something wrong? Or is that the trade off with autos?
Thanks for reading my post

2 Likes

Not necessarily. I regularly get 3-4 ft autos.
Generally give me 6-8 zips per plant.
I’ve had smaller ones too.
A lot has to do with the genetics but too. What is done or not done and when in the early stages with an auto can drastically affect the final yield and quality in the end.
With a photo if you have an issue early on you can veg another week or 2 to get things back on track again before switching to flower.
With an auto your on the clock from day one.
No time to fix any issues that might crop up like a ph imbalance etc…

:v:

3 Likes

I grow them short and I think they seem to turn out fine.

I supercrop them to intentionally make them flat.

13 Likes

Its hit or miss but yeah autos are typically smaller but that doesn’t mean they cannot produce pretty good.

But I regularly get 6-8 oz off autos and its not uncommon at all for me to get a pound from a single auto.
I’ve had the occasional runt that only gave me a couple oz and 1 that I got 10grams from :confused: but usually do pretty good with them…

Spread them out the best you can to maximize bud sites and they don’t have to be tall to yeild good.
These Bruce Banner autos I got last year have all been short like less then 2ft tall. But the last one gave me 7oz.

This is one of them and it’s short but nice bug rockets everywhere :grin:

10 Likes

Oooo. You got a mean streak in ya.
That third pic. :joy:
I like it. :+1:
Nice plants.

You too @1HappyPappy
Very nice.

:v:

2 Likes

@1HappyPappy hey bro id like some advice on getting a lb from a plant in a 2x2

2 Likes

I got 2 autos in 2x2 now sour diesel ilgm genetics next grow gonna go with 1 plant pet 2x2

2 Likes

Here’s an auto next to a photo thats still in veg.
The photo was taller but I topped a good 6in off.
When these autos in flower finish i will fill this 4x6 with just the photo period alone.
So photos can be alot bigger but autos can do pretty good in a short space of time.

8 Likes

Hydroponics is cheat mode for large yeilds :sweat_smile:
My yeilds greatly increased when I switched to autopots.

If i wanted to maximize 1 plant I would do RDWC (fallponics, or stirponics) if i had unlimited funds and time .
Next would be autopots, 1-pot xl 5gal spring pot. The autopot set up is a little pricey but cheaper then any DWC because you dont neeed a chiller or any water pumps. And it’s the least time involved, fill reservoir once a week and forget about it…

Or even just hand water coco-coir is an easy way to increase yeild without buying any equipment but it takes water daily by hand possible multiple times a day for best results…

3 Likes

@1HappyPappy u got alot goin on in there looks like hours of trimming…but so worth it

1 Like

I use fabric pots so i might upgrade to autopot waterer if i can

1 Like

These are all autos. I routinely get anywhere from 4 to 8oz per plant. Once in a great while I’ll have one that gets stunted, but it’s rare.

9 Likes

I absolutely hate trimming :sweat_smile:
I try to strip them of every leaf thats not covered in trichomes the week of harvest do theres not much trim after dried.
If it’s not absolutely fire covered in trichomes then it doesn’t get trimed, i grind it all up and make concentrate.

I try to employ freinds to help but they just dont get it :pensive: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@1HappyPappy if u dont mind me asking how much do u usually yield per good harvest?

1 Like

You could just buy an tray and float and make your own reservoir if you handy.
Their patented floats is all that makes the special really.
Just check em out on there actual website and theres alot more options then 3rd parties sell.
Though 3rd parties do typically have better prices for some reason :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I usely max my light out.
4x6 tent with Growers Choice Roi-e720 (720 watts) light. I get around 3lb from it each grow give or take a half pound. That thats really no matter how many plants i have as long as the space is pretty much full its pretty consistent.
The autopots are so simple it really just about runs itself

2 Likes

With autopots no need to check runoff ppms? Just feed blind?

1 Like

My preferance, too.

1 Like

Mining for seeds, makes the top of my list.
I am learning to trim the bush tight, nuggs look better.
Wax-On, Wax-Off or better, “no footprints on the rice paper, Master, impossible”.
KK/KF, respectively

1 Like

Well not really feed blind because i set ppm and ph then pour it in reservoir and it feeds them constantly.

I guess i should pointed out that autospits font work good with soil.
Its typically coco-coir and perlite or some other soilless medium with no nutrients in it and super light and airy.
Then they are given hydroponic nutrients just like what would be used in deep water culture.
So no runoff, no waste water at all so nothing to get any numbers from.

After mixing my nutrients set ph to 5.8 and pour in reservoir, most of the time i dont do anything until it gets low and I’ll repeat.
From time to time if i see them looking funny i my check the ph in reservoir and adjust it.
But coco-coir is good from 5.8-6.2 so a little drift up from 5.8-6.2 over a few days is perfectly ok…

Another benefit of autopots.
No more runoff numbers or water to dispose of :grin:

2 Likes