Autoflowering questions

Some questions from a fellow grower:

1. I just placed an order for 10 WW auto seeds. I live in the southern US. If I get those seeds within 10 days from now, will the plants have enough time to fully mature?

2. Earlier in the spring I ordered 10 Amnesia Haze feminized seeds. After soaking the over night, the tap root was visible on most of them, however, several did not germinate. That’s not really the main issue. Out of the ones that did germinate, I only had two that grew enough to have a couple sets of leaves on them. All others died. The 2 plants that survived had the smallest leaves and they never got bigger, then they died. I had all plants under cfl lights, 6700K. The plants never touched the light. I am at a loss as to why they did not grow. The pots that they were growing in were plenty big to support root growth and had adequate drainage. Any help that you can provide would be great. (For all seedlings)

3. Since I am going to be planting Autos soon I am working on my soil mixture. I have Fox Farm Ocean Forest to start off with. I will add more perlite, peat moss or coconut coir. That will be my top 8" or so. For the bottom layer I plan to use more Ocean Forest, like above, but I am going to add in bone meal. Am I headed in the right direction with this mix?

4. Can Autos be made to produce feminized seeds? If so, do I use colloidal silver or is there a better product on the market?

5. Which strains, Feminized or Auto, will have the best tolerance to a frost? I am afraid that my Auto’s that I am about to plant will be killed by a possible mid to late October frost.

1.) If outside no

2.) Sounds like your soil may have been to hot for your seedlings.
Try useing soil for seedlings only.
You can then transplant to soil with some nutrients later and don’t feed them any nutrients in till they have 5 sets of true leaves.

B a safe
Will

1 Like
  1. I just placed an order for 10 WW auto seeds. I live in the
    southern US. If I get those seeds within 10 days from now, will the
    plants have enough time to fully mature?

Auto flowers take 65=80 days to finish. Ifn zone 7/8 (hthe South) You can grow outside into November. Even December someyears.

1. Earlier in the spring I ordered 10 Amnesia Haze feminized seeds.
    After soaking the over night, the tap root was visible on most of them,
    however, several did not germinate. That’s not really the main issue.
    Out of the ones that did germinate, I only had two that grew enough to
    have a couple sets of leaves on them. All others died. The 2 plants that
    survived had the smallest leaves and they never got bigger, then they
    died. I had all plants under cfl lights, 6700K. The plants never touched
    the light. I am at a loss as to why they did not grow. The pots that
    they were growing in were plenty big to support root growth and had
    adequate drainage. Any help that you can provide would be great. (For
    all seedlings)

It is hard to say without knowing more about the soil, and what you did with sprouts. Did you place them right into a big pot with wet soil?

1. Since I am going to be planting Autos soon I am working on my soil
    mixture. I have Fox Farm Ocean Forest to start off with. I will add
    more perlite, peat moss or coconut coir. That will be my top 8" or so.
    For the bottom layer I plan to use more Ocean Forest, like above, but I
    am going to add in bone meal. Am I headed in the right direction with
    this mix?

*I would not use a soil mixed like that.
1`. Organic soil…good
2. coco coir, a different medium needing different attention that soil
3. Why take a great soil like Ocean Forest, and add bone meal? Do you want to burn up your plants? This is probably why your seedlings died. Soil; Too hot!

1. Can Autos be made to produce feminized seeds?

No. You let Autos gorw. You don’t top them, you don’t clone them. Best way to grow them is under 18 hours of light.

1. Which strains, Feminized or Auto, will have the best tolerance to a
    frost? I am afraid that my Auto’s that I am about to plant will be
    killed by a possible mid to late October frost.

Sorry; I would not allow any of these genetics to get frosted over. Invest in frost blankets, but I don’t think that this plant will do well in temps that produce frost. Below 50 f and plant stops growing. below that temp. Plant cells die.

Hope you get your Autos soon, Peace :slight_smile:

We are currently growing outdoors White widow plants after using our grow tent. The first 3 seeds are doing great. I then started 5 more plants, but only one has started as you can see. My problem is should I continue to wait or should plant more before we run out of summer. Is there anything else I could try. I tried locating the seeds in pots but hard to find. more water?