Autoflower Zkittlez, flower after 35 days

My ILGM autoflower Zkittlez was planted on 5/15/2021. Just checked on it this morning and its already started to flower? This thing is not even a foot tall, why is this happening?

1 Like

The thing with growing autos is they work on their own time schedule and will go into flower when they want. She’ll still stretch a bit over the next few weeks

3 Likes

Auto flowers do their own thing. Someone else is worried because it’s not flowering fast enough. Plant looks great.

3 Likes

Thanks, we’ve been having weird weather in California, half my grow went into flower, just wasn’t expecting more so soon, especially an auto in a 200 gallon box

auto do what they want, this is why many prefer photos

1 Like

Four to five weeks is pretty common for autos in soil. Plant looks nice and healthy. You are doing a great job keep it up bro :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I have seen the same thing with my WW autos. About the same age and height range from 12 to 24 inches and flowering just like yours. These autos are a strange little beast.

1 Like

Usually 28 to 35 days unless stubborn or stunted to when autos show pistils. Size of the pot has 0 to do with autos floweri g. 200g pot should have a good sativa photo in that bad dog. White widow autos from ilgm get pretty massive for autos. But again they flower at a month give or take a week or so. Some faster some slower. I believe after growing autos 200g of soil for an auto is a bit of a waste as it will never fill the pot right

1 Like

My Zkittlez was the same for me and on a similar timeline… luckily she was a fat little piggie and still gave me 2oz.

5 Likes

I agree with this.
@stickynicky Your plant is looking great. Most autos I have grown start flowering as soon as 21 to 30 days.
They do however grow quite a lot after they start. That plant will produce well.
Are you growing autos outside because of the short grow time or to keep the plants small?

1 Like

My Autos flower between 30 to 45 days. You have zero control with Autos as they do what they want, when they want. Photos you have total control. Well indoors you do.

2 Likes

I started growing photos under 12/12 light and let them flower as early as they want. Much better and predictable plants. Have also found absolute darkness is not needed. No lights in or near the tent of course, but I dont zip up the tent completely and the room gets a little reflected outside light.

1 Like

I have been growing 12/12 for a tad over 3 years now. My photos grow upto 8 feet tall and 8 feet wide. One will take an entire 16 sq foot by herself. I will also have to grow horizontal. I mainly grow Sativas so they always get past 7 feet indoors.

But my Autos don’t get that big.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

@Mark0427 - I just assumed it would have been bigger since it basically had unlimited space. I had heard 15 gallon was good for outdoor autos, but now I think 7 or 10 would have been more than sufficient.
@Underthestairs - oh that looks good and gives me lots of motivation, thank you
@Spiney_norman - Thank you. I’m growing all my plants outdoors, I’ve got 16 photos and 2 autos. I just decided to do Autos randomly because I didn’t think my photo plants would start flowering for a few more months but they did. I use my shed for my photos that started flowering, but its definitely not pitch black, but its pretty dark and I think very close to what is night time in my yard.

Are you bringing your photos into the shed to give them darkness? So you have crazy surrounding light?

No, its fairly dark here at night. I bring them in because the days are over 14 hours long. So they go in at 7pm (sunset is 815pm) and come out at 7am (sunrise is about 530am). Some of them have kept flowering, 1 of them has stopped. Probably start leaving it outside again if it doesn’t keep flowering.

I’m confused though, you are bringing them into the shed for the 12/12 schedule to keep them flowering… an I understanding that correctly?

exactly, it looked like some stopped flowering, was confirmed by a few members on here and so I decided to 12/12 them to keep them in flower. Have 18 plants right now and wanted to reduce my grow to a few plants so I could spend more time working on a few instead of having too many I can’t give proper attention too.

1 Like

Nice. So selective flowering photos to bring them to harvest and thin the heard. Very cool plan. If it’s stuffy in the shed I’d recommend a fan to keep air moving

Yes, very stuffy. I’ve got an AC Infinity Cloudline exhaust fan hooked up, 6" hurricane fan and just got my dehumidifier today since the humidity has been sitting in mold range. I think I need an oscillating fan instead of this fixed one.

2 Likes