Autoflower worth continuing

Critical purple autoflower 7th week from sprouting, 5 days on 12/12, is something wrong, am I missing something would of thought I would see flowering by now am I just wasting electricity by keeping it going or am I getting impatient, thanx for any comments or advice

1 Like

Very nice healthy looking plant . My experience with autos some take longer than others but it will flower . Keep taking care of her good luck

3 Likes

I second that. The plant looks beautiful. Autos have a mind of their own. If you expect one thing they seem to know and do the opposite. I’d stick with her because she is healthy.

3 Likes

What size pot is that

3 Likes

@Tinman is right. Pot looks a little small. I would plant in 5-7 gallon. Bigger roots equals bigger fruits. You got lucky. I like my autos to take awhile to flower. Get more weed that way

3 Likes

It’s a 3 gallon

1 Like

Yes, go bigger. And be very careful doing it. cut the pot it is in now if you have to. Trust me

2 Likes

Hate or contradict what you said hornhead but I’ve had great luck in 3 gallon pots for autos 5 gallons almost a Waste because you don’t ever fill it with roots all the way but @Vallen73 I would let it keep going what light schedule do you have it on you can always drop it to 12/12 and it will help it on its way you can grow at 24-0 18-6 or 12-12 They were flower whenever they want to but I’m a highly big believer in letting it get the maximum amount of sleep that you can

3 Likes

They on 12/12 for 5 days so far, also wondering if this cheap light I got may have something to do with it, this my 1st grow I didn’t know about watts and actual watts, I have a 600 w philzon actual watts 108, would this light be enough to get this 1 plant to finish going to upgrade lights next go round, Thanks alot

1 Like

Good basic rule 40 to 50 watts per square foot that you’re trying to cover. To answer your question you might get by with that one plant don’t know how dense your buds will be good idea to upgrade in the future. Good luck

2 Likes

1 Like

I run mine at 20 on 4 off

1 Like

But when you feed them correctly they don’t reach out looking for food . All of mine are football - sometimes basketball size roots

3 Likes

I agree. In picture above you can see root mass hasn’t had opportunity to fill that large of pot.

@Tinman @HornHead the old “bigger roots equal bigger fruits” has some truth. But when canopy size is the same, more plants will usually outperform less plants that are larger. At the end of the day, the best method will always vary by grower and the room they’re growing in. But a 3 gallon pot is usually plenty to grow typical plant in. The idea that one needs a large pot and run an extended veg time to be successful doesn’t apply to everyone.

2 Likes

Notice the mold on the bottom of dirt. Should use breathable bags work great never a mold problem if not drill a ton of holes in bottom of bucket

My first grow, using fox farms happy frog soil and on thier description page it said a white dusty mold looking could appear on top layer of soil and around drain holes, they said this is caused by the bat guano and other additives so I dont really know, wanting to just get this one plant to finish so i can decide to upgrade lighting and such, thanx for heads up

If you are referring to my picture, i put (better than rocks) at the bottom of bucket, holes on the bottom and bottom sides, and i loaded the top soil with de to prevent and fight pest ,which eventually made its way down