Autoflower vs Fem. lighting rest period

I would try it now anyway @Newman444 I grow Autos and I always go on the same time line as my female’s this close to the end I don’t think that it would hurt any at all if the packet that your seeds came in say 9 weeks I always try and go an extra week but always check your Trichomes :v:.

1 Like

Nice bush @Newman444 !!!

So, here’s the funny part… turns out I bought fem seeds, not auto. I couldn’t get my grow room set up for 5 months after purchasing my seeds. I could have sworn I bought autoflower seeds… so, 12/12 it is!

1 Like

Thanks for getting me to check on what I purchased. Turns out they were fem, not auto. Time to flower some plants!!!

1 Like

On the bright side, your harvest should be a lot bigger :v:

1 Like

Now I have to ask, Is the bubble gum an auto. If they are fem photo, the light switch will probably send them into flower. If they are autos you should have no problems…

This is an auto blue dream. They for sure can look like that and I have heard a few people on here saying they have had a few freaky autos that needed the switch to get them going. I would flip them either way personally but they are certainly nice looking ladies.

. Good luck

2 Likes

Ooops didn’t see that u found they are photos. Well good luck either way u have some perty plants

1 Like

They are fem too… I need to wait a few weeks still before I can switch. I moved to an 18/6 and will switch to 12/12 when the bubble gum hit 7 weeks old… April 28. I wasn’t planning on a double harvest for my first run…

1 Like

Just keep in mind your plants will double-triple in size during flower. The longer they veg the bigger they will b. Just something to keep in mind

1 Like

This ought to be interesting… maybe I should just flower now and take a small harvest on the bubble gum?

1 Like

7 weeks veg isn’t early. Many people veg strictly for 4 weeks and switch. Completely up to u

2 Likes

I’m gonna give it a week—split the difference :grin:. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

I checked the bubble gum last night and pistils are showing. Starting the 12/12 today. I ordered a smaller LED to make up my additional lighting needs. So how many weeks does it usually take from preflowers to harvest?

1 Like

Depends on strain but around 11 weeks

Wow, I got ahead of myself big time! I have another 4 started in a 2x2 tent…