Autoflower vs Fem. lighting rest period

So i Am a little confused. autoflower only refers to the plant flowering without photoperiod stimulation, correct? Or I will still need to switch to a 12/12 photo period To get it started? Yeah, I’m a newbie… but with a farming and botany background. This is for AK 47 auto. All plants have nice little preflowers and have had them for a few weeks. The plants sprouted on February 16, so almost 8 weeks ago, all are 30” tall and bushy as hell. 4 plants take up my 4’ x 4’ tent.

2 Likes

12 Likes

yes, auto refers to the flowering of the plant, no switch needed. They look beautiful, what are the 3 little girls on the side…

I haven’t grown ak yet, so unsure of the timing on those.

Bubble gum! I want to keep it rolling. I think I started them a little early though. I just set up another light for them as they are getting shaded out.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help. I was getting a little nervous.

1 Like

You could raise the Bubble Gum up a little on something, high enough to get more light, but not high enough to block any bud sites on the AKs. And once some buds start fattening up, some of the bushiness will reduce (or it has seemed to in my past grows)

2 Likes

Not a bad idea. I think I have a little bench around here somewhere…

6 Likes

Paint cans and 2x4’s

1 Like

Your plants look brilliant @Newman444 well done mate :v:.

1 Like

Those are fabulous looking autos @Newman444.
My Northern Lights don’t hold a candle compared to yours

You should be very proud of those

5 Likes

Ya, but you have buds!!! How long does the development and maturity of buds take? This is my first grow — think I found a new hobby!

4 Likes

Are you sure they are autos? I’ve not grown those strains. The three strains I have grown were showing flowers by 4 weeks.

That’s Amnesia Haze at 3 weeks.

3 Likes

I’ve had preflowers on them for a few
Weeks, but the plants just keep filling out. Which is why I am wondering if I don’t need to start a 12/12 light cycle. ILGM write up says flowers form b/w 7-9 weeks. I’m almost at 8. Guess I’ll start 12/12 if nothin by the end of next week.

Autos don’t flower based on light time. Others on here like @garrigan62 or @Donaldj can explain that much better than me. Some of us use 12/12, some use 18/6, some use 24/0. I keep them at 18/6 until they get 4 sets of nodes then go to 12/12 @Newman444. You can switch to 12/12 now. The pic I posted was under 18/6. Your preflowers look ready either way at 8 weeks.

2 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if they are auto or not is all. Awesome plants regardless. If they are not auto, I should get good production if I need to switch!

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re autos. I could be wrong, but every auto I’ve grown looks like

3 Likes

Goof to know! Thank you!

1 Like

Good luck on flower time. :sunglasses: Your off to a good start. Plants look really healthy.

1 Like

Very beautiful fruits: wink:

1 Like