Autoflower time!

When it comes to autoflowering, does “Flower Time” refer to life span? I’m just now growing my first autoflower and am just curious!!!

1 Like

No that’s time from actual flowering to finish. Does not include the veg time.

2 Likes

So, usual life cycle of autos is around 3 months, right? And the first month is basically the main veg time?
From what I’ve read/gained is that autos don’t ever really stop veging. They continue to grow until just the last few weeks…
Again, this is my first run with autos. Just trying to know what to expect.
Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Autos veg and flower just like regular plants.

The only difference is the individual phenotype of the auto will decide when it starts to enter flowering.

I have white widow autos and one pheno is ready to harvest in 1-2 weeks. Another looks like it will go 4-6 weeks.

4 Likes

Ok. Cool! Thanks!!!
Good to know and to watch for!

1 Like

Amnesia Haze Autoflower, ILGM seeds, how long do these normally veg? My 1st round of autos. Blueberry sprouted 3/27, Amnesia Haze sprouted 4/26.
Thanks!!!

1 Like

I’ve never grown amnesia haze. Also, it depends on the individual plant/phenotype.

1 Like

I would guess 30-45 days of veg

1 Like

With autos I would suggest germinating extra seeds and picking the biggest to bring full term.

1 Like

What do you mean by “…picking the biggest to bring full term.”?

I’m gonna run any that root!

1 Like

Gotcha! I guess if you had a set number you could grow I would go over and cull, gift, etc.

But, run them all! Just start with a few more than you think you “need”.

Start a journal!

1 Like

I’ve had them done in 69 days from the day I put in soil and have had them done in 120 day

2 Likes

Same strain?

1 Like

Sometimes I have done so many I have lost track

1 Like

Classic @Hogmaster So would it be safe to say that phenotype variability in Autos is much more drastic then photos?

Assuming we are talking about stabilized strains.

Which brings me to my next question.

Are autos an F1 generation? I know the genetics that go into them but are they bred out and “stabilized”?

2 Likes

I’ve never had any problems with the genetics from ILGM the white widow was some that finished in 69-80 days and that’s the ww others have been longer

1 Like

ILGM seedstock is excellent.

It’s a general auto statement and question.

Just seems like from what I’ve seen from others and my experience is that photo seeds are more consistent.

Mind you Im only now got 2 auto strains growing for the first time.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s for sure that fem are more stable then autos there a never no what your going to get I have got 2 ounces off one and 6 ounces off one there very unpredictable

1 Like

Those where indoor they get way bigger out door but still a coin toss on the amount you get

1 Like

That’s not very good odds if you’re looking to stack some bud!!! To start some healthy steady op for heavy head requirements!
Lol. That’s me and the wifey!!

4 kids strong, smoke all day long!!..just to keep the cool on!!!
Lmao

2 Likes