Autoflower seeds germination help?

So I filled the solo cup with seedling start and placed it into my forever pot. When I plant the auto flower germinated seed I dump the cup into hole it just came out of and plant the seedling into the center. Is this a bad idea?

1 Like

Here is my method @503KING

Hope this will help you.

Thank you :love_you_gesture:t5:

1 Like

Kinda deep, i usually just take a spoon dig up a spoon if dirt drop the seed in the hole and cover it back up with the spoon of dirt.

I’m only planting them about an pencils erasers deep. I just put the cup of non-fertilized soil in the center for the seedling to grow into before it hits my soil with amendments.

1 Like

I gotcha! In that case, good on you! Ive never done nuteless soil to pop a seed like that but I do same idea at bottom of the pot, 2/3 Ocean Forest (top) 1/3 Strawberry Fields (bottom).

I got them to pop out of the soil yesterday. I was using the cut off bottom of a water bottle to use as a dome. When should I take it off. (I did last night) should I be putting something in the water? Like a small bit of root accelerator? Can I water from the bottom and just mist the plant? I know these are a lot of questions. I’m sorry if you don’t have the time.

So I got them to pop out of the soil yesterday I germinated them in a paper towel planted them in the middle of the soil took the bottom of a water bottle and cut it off and used it as a dome over each germinated ceiling until it came up. I have since removed the dome and I was wondering how to water them should I water from the bottom letting the soil soak it up placing it in maybe an inch of water and just missed the top? I’m pretty precise with the squirt bottle so I could also just put a couple drops by the seedling it self. I’ve kind of been watering in a ring around it the size of the cup just not really spring it on the ceiling but just around that circle trying to get the roots hopefully to search the water out. Should I be using a small bit of route acceleration? Should I be using a small bit of fertilizer in my water?

1 Like

Pics??
I’m a huge fan of bottom watering in soil.
As for adding any nutes. Wait till the cotyledons turn yellow.

@Docnraq I kinda do the same mix, except I go FFSF on the bottom, FFOF in the middle, then FFHF at the top. I typically soak my seeds for 18 hrs then put them about 1/16" under the soil. Then I mark the location with a toothpick. Mist the area and put a small dome ( I cut of the bottom of a water bottle) over it. If I don’t see a sprout in 4 to 5 days, I know exactly where to look to see if she even popped. So far, I’ve seen 100 % germination.

Dont. Sprouts drink from the air for the first week. Keep dome on, mist soil around the dome mist inside dome, wash rinse repeat 1 week.

2nd week same dome work, or keep environment @65% humidity with humidifier.
No more then 1/2 cup water in a circle 3 inches away from the sprout/seedling. That watering will carry you for 4 even 5 days.