Autoflower Question about light Newbe grower

I have a Autoflower plant on 18/6 schedule 4 weeks old . When should i switch to 12/12.

You can leave it at 18/6 for her entire life cycle if you want.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital ok ty

That’s the benefit of autos is they don’t need a certain light schedule to flower. They can flower under 24 hrs of light.

1 Like

You can also leave it at 12/12 its whole life. Autos are nifty.

1 Like

Look up Daily Light Integral
Once you have an understanding of DLI and you figure out what your light fixture is able to output in a given time it’s PPFD I think then you can calculate how many hours they need to be on in order to meet the DLI for the plants and that number changes with the different stages they go through. You may find you need them to only be on 12 hours to meet the DLI or maybe they need to be on 15 hours.
Don’t mean to complicate things but if you gonna do this for awhile it will be something you’ll end up wanting to know so why not early on…lol

5 Likes

@Deepsix

AUTO LIGHT CYCLE

Do the first week as seedlings 24/0
then, weeks 2-3 18/6
then, 12/12 till done… they do most of there growing in the dark!
Do the 12/12 till she eats herself up, when we stop feeding her a couple of weeks
before chop, so she’ll be a smooth smoke.

@blackthumbbetty Ok TY

@RockClarke TY

:facepunch: :+1:

1 Like

@dbrn32 my set up is 3x3 tent with one Autoflower with a T5 2ft florescent HO grow light 6500K 4-24 watt bulbs. Was thinking of getting a HLG 100 V2 3000K for flowering. Will that work

You should probably go with bigger fixture. Hlg-100 is kind of a bare bones veg light for a 3x3. Something like 260xw kit would be ideal if you want qb’s.

Ok ty very much

1 Like