Good morning! I am a first time grower using the apotforapot 5 gallon package. I purchased Northern Lights Autoflower from the recommended supplier with the $40 discount. I’ve been at this for a couple weeks, and want reassurances as to whether I’m on track or if something is wrong.
So I started by soaking the seed in water (bottled purified water)
After 24Hrs the seed was still floating. I gently submerged it and it sunk, I thought I was waiting to see the seed crack and the root protrude so I waited another 24hrs. The seed had finally opened!
I soak the jiffy pellet, carefully extract the seed from the jar and place it 1/8 inch deep in the jiffy pellet.
She was planted on 7/13/21 - I live in Phoenix AZ so the temperature can be extreme here. I leave her on the kitchen windowsill which gets all the morning rays and the temp inside stays at 75 degrees. When I get off work the jiffy feels dry on the outside but the soil is still damp so I spritz her a bit. If I leave it outside in the 110+ degrees it’d be completely dried out in a hurry.
After a couple of days later I was worried maybe something hadn’t taken since there was no evidence of the seed popping. On 7/18 I cleared just a bit of the soil above where the seed was planted, maybe help it out.
Some time passes, and I just keep the jiffy moist with a sprayer every once in a while.
On 7/18 I see the first signs of life popping.
Today is 7/29 here’s what she looks like:
My next step is to transplant it into the 5-gallon pot (I haven’t mixed yet)
But I am wondering how long to wait for it to grow in order to transplant it. It’s this size after 16 days.
I started working from home so I’ve decided to let it sit outside for some direct sun - I can go check on it every hour or so to dampen it to make sure the sun didn’t completely dry it out.
Am I on the right path? I feel like this seed has been growing extra slow compared to what the instructions suggest and what I’ve read online. I mean it’s not dead, but it’s not very big either. Is it getting the direct sunlight going to help it now? Should I keep nurturing this one for some time till I can transplant it? How long? Or is something wrong and I should start on another seed?
Thank y’all all in advance for any help! I’m just hoping to make sense of this. I hope she’s alive and this is somehow normal.