Autoflower newbie

Here’s a couple Blueberry auto nuggets I just finished here in southside. I too love Blueberry autos - especially 10 + 10!!!

6 Likes

I would use 1 gallon pots for that many plants in that small of an area. My 1 gallon autos all yielded 2 -3 oz a piece. While the 3 gallons yielded more they also grew much larger. One gallon keeps the girls manageable. Different strokes for different folks! Just food for thought. Good luck! Happy growing! :metal:t5:

4 Likes

Well said brother! I think it’s More important to get the ball rolling! Not sure about everyone else but I feel like people put up barriers to keep themselves from being successful and starting new hobbies and passions. From what I’ve found YOU JUST GOTTA GO AND DO IT!
I have often put the Cart before the horse and it’s worked out fine so far! Have a good day bro

4 Likes

@Shadesfang

One thing I saw is maybe is try not to leave too much empty space at the top of your bags. Fill it full of soil.

I fill mine to the tip top at first and natural settling will eventually drop them 2" below the lip.

My philosophy is to allow the plant to spread roots as much as they possibly can.

Food for thought for the future.

4 Likes

I plan on adding more soil of they stretch to far up, and or doing more super soil top layer. I dont want to mess around with nutes if i dont have to. I will give them some FF bud booster though.

2 Likes

Adding soil later won’t help with the roots.rhey don’t grow upwards…just maybe more soil next time. No worries

Yep yep for sure! Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

@Shadesfang

I did this wrong myself on my first grow. :frowning: Only half filled each bag.

I thought, “sure that’s enough dirt.” It was a woeful faul as compared to yours. It was pointed out to me back then so I am just passing this onto you and all growers who may be on the thread.

2 Likes

True to some extent, i think, extra soil for a stretching plant will allow the newly cover stem to grow roots from what is now covered up. And adds stability.

2 Likes

@Sj2019
We got babies!

6 Likes

Congrats, its a new begining.

3 Likes

How many inches from the top is your medium?

2 Likes

@Mosca 4 to 6 but i plan on adding soil to bolster the stalk and provide fresh nutes as it grows.

4 Likes

@Shadesfang

They are so cute at that age glad they made it.

What was your decision on soil amount in the bags will you be filling them or leaving it as is?
You could scoop out the seedlings and fill it up and transplant them back in.

EDIT: I see your response above

I’m in 5 gallon full to 1 inch below top and I’ve got roots showing in the dirt at the top.

2 Likes

Proud pappy! Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats Daddy. They’ve emerged.

1 Like

Congrats yehaww lets grow!

2 Likes

What difference a couple days does!
It uploaded the pictures out of order, the top 2 are after I added soil today.

6 Likes

Water away from stem. Couple of inches is fine, those roots are encouraged to grow out.

3 Likes

Those look happier

1 Like