Autoflower leaves off color

Help, leaves are spotted and kinda brittle, I have a second seedling that got planted same time that isn’t having the problem, the soil is miracle grow and the other that doesn’t have a problem is in half ffhp and half miracle grow, this one also has more leave but the are smaller. Someone told me it might be nut burn but it got worse since any input is helpful thanks. I’ll also include a pic of the healthier plant below.

If u look and the leaf all the way to the left in the first pic of actually broke from me touching it bc it’s brittle

Miracle grow is not cannabis friendly. Usually is too hot and stays that way with time released nutes. I would suggest putting her in a more friendly soil while young.

Iv had the same thing happen to me when Iv over water

1 Like

I def did over water early on, any tips?

Get familiar with the weight of the pot when it’s totally dry versus after it’s been watered well. She’s old enough to get a real drink of water, enough that she has runoff. Then wait til the pot is dry/light again before you water again. Mastering the wet/dry cycle will be a good amount of the battle.

However, be prepared for problems. As @Storm said, cannabis and miracle gro aren’t friends. MG tends to oversupply nutrients at every stage of the grow.

Others have done it - @Dr.ofSmokology perhaps @Fieldofdreams if I’m remembering right. It’s just adding an unnecessary hurdle to your grow - not saying it can’t be done, nor that results are guaranteed to be bad - just that it will come with struggles other soils likely wouldn’t.

7 Likes

@Graysin @Dennis62 is another one using MG soil and killin it in his closet factory lol!

2 Likes

What Iv done when over water was not water till soil was completely dried out. Seem to work for me.

1 Like

I visited ILGM forum BEFORE I started growing this century. Gave the MG to the dear wife.
Followed some advice here…
Got some FoxFarm Ocean Forest and worm castings, (a 70/30 mix) and Bergman Fert’s.

I’m happy…Purple Kush auto in my very small MacGyver tent in the garage, 11th week.

Lost in the Sixties :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I used MG Organics - less spicy and only slightly spicier than FFOF

3 Likes

So one of them died and the other is also now getting nute burn, I recently bought ffof is that too hot for seedlings or is that gonna be good to plant new ones in right away?

This little Lady went straight to her FFOF/worm dirt bed right after leaving her wet paper crib. SFSG

Today…

Lost in the Sixties☮️

1 Like

Anyone know why this leaf isn’t holding itself up?

1 Like

Looks fine. They’ll move all over the place. I wouldn’t worry, cause she’s looking good.

1 Like

Doesn’t feel like it. Sounds dismissive but the fun thing about new plants is they are just trying to figure out life. They need to grow 2-5 sets of leaves before the new growth tends to normalize.

I like to call it “new leaf weirdness.” :v::100: she’ll level out as she grows.

3 Likes

How is she looking? Also should I start doing anything else yet, I’ve been watering like 10oz every other day, should I up it?

2 Likes

Looks like she got the downer leaf figured out! I’d keep watering as you’ve been unless you see itt getting too dry. Soon you’ll start watering to runoff. Then you’ll be able to go off of the weight of the pot. They will feel almost too light when ready for more water.

1 Like

Thanks, I started a new one too

1 Like

Same beans or different strain?

1 Like

@Hairybadger231 shes a good looking little lady!! Well done!

1 Like