Autoflower late bloom

From what I have seen with mine ,is they can change over night. So best to check daily.

1 Like

Good to go…I’m keeping a close eye on them, trying to get a feel for timing on them too. Side bar: I have 1 each autofem seed for AK47 and northern lights left over. So I’m going to attempt to clone early, colloidal silver the mother after cloning and then pollinat the clones…I’m prepared to buy more seeds if this doesn’t work…but IF it does :smile:

That would be an extremely fast plant to be done in 60 days. Most require 55 days plus just in flower. @Autos-n-LEDs

I thought that too…the seed bank (not here, so I’ll keep that to myself) States in the description a total of 60 days…it popped the soil on Feb 5th and yesterday I’m seeing Amber trichs starting…my AK said 60-70 days flowering and they seem right on that schedule too, sooooooo I dunno, noob still enjoying the whole process…

The collodial silver is to cause the plant to hermia and produce seeds early into flower so that by the end of flower you have good wholesome mature seeds to harvest …not sure if you’re sure on how that works …but once you take clones from the mother and you spray the mother with collodial silver you just want to let the Clones grow up and harvest them the way you normally would …the mother is going to produce all your seeds after spraying her with collodial silver… but you definitely don’t want your clones maturing and flowering in the same room as your hermi mother or else all your plants will seed …she will have to be by herself and flowered by herself in order to keep everything contained and you won’t want to go into one room and then into the next because you will self pollinate just by simply going into one room and then going into the other… so keeping her all by herself and sealed-off is critical once you spray her with collodial silver… :wink:
You’re playing with fire a little bit here as far as possibly pollinating everything that you have… :wink:
@Autos-n-LEDs
:v: :sunglasses:

I am a noob, however, I do know that the colloidal silver gives the female plant a sex change and she’ll produce pollen sacs that you then use to pollinate another female to get the seeds…colloidal silver does not make seeds

@Autos-n-LEDs If You Spray Your Plant Once OR Twice IN Between The 2nd And 3rd Week After Light Flip , You Will Cause Her To Hermi Right At The Beginning Of Flower Which Will Cause Her To produce male Polen sacs early enough into flower that she will self pollinate herself and she herself will produce seeds so there would be no need to pollinate another clone of that plant… now if you wanted to take some pollin from that plant and rub it onto another plant of a different strain then you’d be breeding a new strain…
So like I said , as long as you can cause the plant to stress early enough into flower and keep her healthy , she will self pollinate and produce seeds of her self without using another plant or clone , unless your trying to breed or cross strains… :wink:
Also you only want to spray a true female to get feminized seeds… if you spray a feminized seed you will more then likely end up with seeds that are more susceptible to hermi out , even with all the right growing conditions …
And sometimes if you have a hardcore female , no matter what you do or spray her with you won’t be able to get her to stress out… then you have what we call , a clone only strain…
Also , unless you want thousands of seeds… I would only spray a couple of branches so I could still harvest some bud from her also… it’s a long process to not at least get some medicine at the end… :smiling_imp:: :imp: :wink:
More research young grasshopper… :wink:

I’m doing all autoflower…I have no ‘light flip’, if I could get a self pollination and seeds easier than attempting to clone an auto for pollination purposes, that would be great considering I have only one seed for AK47 and one Northern Lights…could I get guesstimation on a success rate of self pollination? 10%…50%…75%??? I know there would be many factors involved, just looking for the process that has the best possible success rate to get my own fem autos…thanks for ANY info

You would want to spray an auto about 1 to 2 weeks after you see pistols every where… and like I said , I would only spray a couple of branches… your outcome will be a 50/50 in a lot of different directions , as far as hermi seeds , feminized seeds or Auto seeds…
Also any other plants up to 5 miles away will also have the opportunity to pollinate , so you really have to keep this plant contained… pollin is a fine dust so if your not careful about everything that you do … you could end up growing seeds forever… containment is critical… :wink:

I have wondered about only spraying a portion and using the rest at harvest…I did not know it was possible to colloidal for pollen AND pollinate the same plant…ty, I’ll give her hell :smile:

2 Likes

I know this thread is 3 years old but I had a question about your Northern Lights Auto. Say in midish late flower did you have alot of triches showing to naked eye? Reason for asking is that with my Northern Lights Auto the pistils are turning more orange but I don’t see any triches around sugar leaves. Is this supposed to happen? For instance my GG4 Auto in flower I see tons of frosty triches.