Autoflower late bloom

AK-47’s in 5 gallon pots with top 1/3 soil being FF HAPPY Frog and the lower 2/3 FF Ocean Forest. 2x400w led’s off brand, red/blue/white LEDs (each light 132x3w). Big pistils started showing beginning week 4, real buds didn’t show for almost 2 more weeks bit taking off good now. My question is…are these still going to finish at 9/10 weeks as the seed supplier stated or will they ‘flower’ for the 56-60 days still? First grow, half ass set-up, northern lights auto is banging right next to the slower AK47s. Did heavy LST and they all (4 ak’s/1-northern light) took to it wonderfully. The side by side Bud pic is same location angle and bud-2 days apart. The Orange pot and Bud close ups are my northern lights, the rest is slow budding ak’s

3 Likes

I never go by the suppliers statements as far as timing… that’s really something that you have to stay on top of and watch closely in order to pluck them right when you want to and get the kind of high that you’re looking for… those time schedules that they give are just rough guesstimates… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

The thing with auto flowers is that the suppliers is an average estimated, they fan go earlier or later. You got to Remer you can’t rush mother nature and they she will be ready when she wants to.

HOW LONG DO AUTOS TAKE?
Now this is the big question. Most breeders claim 7-9 weeks, with some even boasting seed to harvest in less. It would be fantastic if one could get 50g per plant after just 39 days, but lets face it, its totally unrealistic. A plant doesn’t grow any faster for having an auto gene, and the dwarf autos that will harvest in ultra quick times are just that: dwarfs and thus yield is limited by size.
Of the 15 or so different commercial strains I have tried, not one of any consequence finished in less than eleven weeks – and the best ones can take anything between 3 and 5 months. If you think about it, this is not surprising: most standard autos start showing their sex at around 21 -28 days (super autos not included) – if you add on a flowering time of 8 weeks (average flowering time for a indica) then you would be looking at 11 – 12 weeks.

4 Likes

I am not expecting massive yields or a definite finish time, I want to make sure the auto will continue till it’s done vs a time frame…thank you all for quick answer time…I do like this site

Yes it will continue till it is done and ready, if that makes sense

Good to go…I kinda figured it would go till ready vs dying at a specific daye, but I have…an advisor…who had many years exp. but never grown an auto or used LEDs and I’ve been getting the "you’re wasting your time with auto’s’’ and “you won’t get anything with LEDs”. Now, I know they are probably overwatered as seen by the droopy leaves, but in another day as they dry out, should spring back…other than that…I think my first go round and LST is showing pretty good progress. Planted seeds directly into the 5 gallon pots on Jan. 30 and all 5 popped by Feb. 3

Also wondering about pot size…been getting slammed on that to as being way to much. Will a 3 gal pot do just as well

1 Like

I use 3 gallon for my auto, but 5 will work as well

1 Like

over to my grow i;m doing all of ILGM auto-flowering plants you will get your answers to thoughs questions and more,
if you want i’ll tag you ok

Will

Started reading your other thread, bout 11 days back right now, going to continue reading in a min. Just wanted to update on mine, the buds are going crazy on one of my AK47’s and the other three AK’s look to be about 2/3 days behind all have an incredible scent. The northern lights is progressing along beautifully and under the led’s has some amazing colors going on…k, back to reading your grow.

1 Like

The white widow auto is that I do normally finish between 69 and 75 days you definitely need to get a scope to check the trycombs because they can be clear one day milky the next day and Amber the next day they change very fast when they do that I’ve seen autos those that take over 100 days also

I do have a scope… my biggest concern is the AK’s are looking like they are going to be a couple weeks longer than advertised, which is fine, however, IF they go two weeks longer, that will put them “ripe” at the same time I’m going to be out of town for my fiances’ surgery and I’d be pretty pissed if they went from almost done to sleep medicine in the few days I’m away…

Im at 60 days with a WW auto and an AK47 auto. The WW has very small buds but the AK just started to show hairs. I don’t know how long they will take but is going to be a while.

1 Like

I’m at 55 days since breaking ground with first AK, and 52 days for Northern lights breaking ground. No transplanting done, seeds we’re sewn directly into final 5 gallon pots. The northern light are budding beautifully and should be ready…on time-approximately the 10th of April…the AKs have just, in the last few days, really started to bud.

@Autos-n-LEDs Most all Auto MJ needs about 35 to 60 days to reach Flowering. Once they start to flower it takes about 60 days longer before they are ready. You’ve got a bit more to go yet.

2 Likes

I’m VERY glad for that…I’m at about 25 days since I saw the first pistils appear…I’m pretty happy at how they are looking right now…can’t wait to get a final weight on them…my “advisor” has been adamant that the most will be two o’s…from what I’m looking at right now, it would be almost that…I’m a noob but have a pretty green thumb and have grown all kinds of stuff indoor and out AND my advisor, while having grown for many years, has never used LEDS nor autos…I have 4 AK47XL’s ans one Northern Lights XL…and they are all blowing up good right now

Great info! First time Ive read this anywhere.
When I ordered my seeds I assumed the 60-70 days was seed to harvest.
Sounds like you should double those times.

Kind of deflating but good to know Im on track.

I did stress mine a bit…light too close I think…was on 24/0 until about a week ago, NL’s bloomed no prob 24/0 and AK’s we’re kinda starting. Been on 20/4 the last week and EVERYONE is lovin it. Vertical growth is almost done now and buds are increasing in length and width VERY noticeably daily…mouth is watering: )

1 Like

Yeah definitely @Dego the reason they always list it as length of flowering is because with photoperiods you can veg them indefinitely so that is how their grow lengths are explained. Remember auto flowering is a fairly new thing and the genetics can vary extremely between even sister seeds that the most reliable means is still the length of flowering.

Hope this helps to make it easier to understand. It can certainly be a bit confusing!

this is my northern lights…according to the seed supplier it’s 60 days from seed to harvest…that would be this next Wednesday…how quickly do the trichs go from milky/cloudy to Amber…I’m getting a few Amber trichs as you can see in the pic

2 Likes