Autoflower help?

@marichan,

No you don’t have to separate them but most data shows 20/4 is best, even from the begining of a seedling for autos.

@hillcrest21678,

Despite what some advertisers might claim, I have yet to see any definitive proof a special LED or special HID spectrum can make harvesting two weeks sooner than with other lights. Sorry, I don’t buy into that one, not even for a LED light as good as Advanced Diamond series.

~MacG

thanks did not think so

Hmm so now I’m torn between switching to 20/4 or keeping them on the same - my T5 lighting is coming tomorrow so I should decide soon, so you think it’d be ok to keep the seedlings together with the others if I do 20/4? I still haven’t heard from anyone thats grown autos 24/7 start to finish so I’m tempted to try it.

Sorry I am so far behind on this thread. Although most people like to use 24/0 for auto genetics, I challenge that. I have read many times here in the support forum about growers wondering why their autos were not finishing or producing buds as vibrantly as expected.

I am finishing my 1st WW auto grow. The plants are vigorous and I expect the advertised yield. I have grown these under a 400 watt digital, and a 18/6 photo period. I am impressed, and I still have 2-3 weeks according to the listed 65-80 finish time. Even the fact that these are auto flower genetic; I was not deterred from my belief that plants need rest; Even if they were genetically modified in Amsterdam!

Take that for what it is worth. peace :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input, it is most helpful hearing from experienced growers. Since this is my 1st time, I didn’t expect to grow anything phenomenal but so far they seem to be doing quite well, now if I can make it to the finish line without screwing up & killing them, it’d be so fantastic! Trying to read about growing as much as possible in the meantime.
best regards, Mari :relieved:

I agree with Latewood. Everyone needs to remember the autoflowers are hybrids and will not react to 24 hours of constant light the same way a true ruderalis from the arctic circle would. And so, depending on the autoflower hybrid, you may notice some differences and some may need a slightly longer dark period to get them to finish. I like 20/4 and 18/6 for most autoflowers myself as well.

~MacG

1 Like

Well sounds pretty logical to me, I suppose I should try it & see- think I’ll switch to 20/4. Thanks so much, appreciate your advice too!
best, Mari :blush:

I will be posting a journal on the WW auto grow in a month. I really am very impressed with these ILGM genetics. I am really surprised by the potential yield. I could almost see myself growing autos only in the future. It is too easy. my 2nd set, a month younger is showing buds and both are 16-18" tall.

Awesome I’m ready to follow so I can get the same results .

I got my T5 set up, measured plants- ranging in size from 17"-22" now @ about 6 wks old & still seems to be growing, covered in white pistils, how soon to switch to bloom nutrients?

Ok. Planted a Blueberry Auto flower. She is 6 weeks old now. Have had her under light because she is in the basement. 24 hr day. Plant is about 3 foot tall and sparce in her bushiness. This is driving my son nuts because she is sparce and tall. Looking good as far as color and being healthy. Mike says she needs vitamins. I say no because we used Happy Frog Ocean. Any comments would be appreciated.