Autoflower grown in a 550ml pot

Hey every and anyone. Not sure if this is the place but I was wonder is it possible to grow an autoflower in a 550ml pot . Obviously am not expecting kilos or anything like . Just wonder if it’s possible for it to survive to budding stage

I say yes you could but In a container that is about a half quart or 550ml I’m not sure why you would want to ?
I would use a least a gallon sizepot which would be closer to 4 litters

This came directly from the ILGM marijuana grow. Bible “The containers you place the soil in are also relatively important. It’s common for growers to use buckets that can hold up to 2 to 5 gallons because the root system in a marijuana plant can become quite extensive. Smaller containers will work for the germination and seedling period, but the plants will need to be transplanted later. Thus, it makes sense to plant the marijuana seeds and leave the plants in a single 2- to 5-gallon bucket for the majority of their lives. This gives the roots adequate room to grow and thrive while also providing a perfect environment for nutrients and a satisfactory reservoir of water. In addition, leaving them in buckets makes them easily transportable.”

I would say it can be done but you will not be maximizing the genetic potential of the seed.

3 Likes

Good link @Skylives07
But I believe he was asking if you could and yes is the answer just wouldn’t be worth it IMO
Anyway nice post brother Gappy growing

Thx @Countryboyjvd1971 lol hahah I had just finished browsing through the Bible when I saw his post. I am a noob grower myself, check out my grow log…so to make sure I answered his question as accurately as possible without tainting it will my noobness I just quoted directly from the Bible to leave him with some food for thought for future grow while answering with my opinion at the bottom

1 Like

@Buddy2 I would use a bigger pot

1 Like

Tag me into your thread brother @Skylives07
I like to see what your doing
And welcome to the best forum brother lots of helpful peeps here all willing to help if you ever need it

Coolio . Purely just wondering am new to all this and the mind will wonder lol. Would the quality be as good obviously I no quantity is not going to be anywhere close . Thanks for the reply good peeps in this forum very helpful

1 Like

Quality is another ball game lol :slight_smile:. You can likely still make it great quality though yes

3 Likes

I with @Majiktoker :+1:

2 Likes

It was this pic that got the middle thinking

3 Likes

It can be done but time and effort I would go bigger and get a better harvest myself @Buddy2
But where’s tjeres a will there’s always a way right hahaha

1 Like

Yeah, but I can also see a stoner on here cutting a bud off one of their plants and sticking it in a cup for a pic like thAt :wink:

1 Like

That is a much more likely explanation.

1 Like

No way they got a stem that thick without it getting taller.

1 Like

Been growing in 1/2 gallon-1 gallon pots! Using ILGM lowryder strain as well to match the small grow setup! Quality will be there for sure! Quantity will be different :slight_smile: go for short autoflower strains such as polar express, NL#5, greenOmatic, purple ryder. Here is a picture of a purple ryder in 1 gallon pot! Very harsh environment(watering problems, bugs, lights) and I was not expecting her to survive! She is the only survivor out of the 4 purple ryder planted last month! Weather been going Bananas all over the :earth_americas::slight_smile:

1 Like