Autoflower grow issue

Plants are right at 30 days old…just starting to flower…overall doing good…using a 1000w HPS about 4ft above plant…now I see a lower leaf getting a brown edge and another plant is having some leaf curl…should I be concerned???..also what light cycle should I be using???

2 Likes

@Azm3 welcome back to the forum! Are your plants autos or photos? Is the light 4 ft from your tallest branch? To you have a pic of the whole plant?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Thanks!

Auto
Yes…approx 4ft from the top of the plant…

I will post full photo…(you can.see it in the last of the 3 photos already attached to.OP)

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE, ILGM

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

M3 ORGANIC WATER ONLY MIX

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

FABRIC GROW POTS

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

6.5 TO 7

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

NA

Indoor or Outdoor

OITDOOR

Light system

1000W HPS HYDROLUX

Temps; Day, Night

ARIZONA USA, 70°/45°

Humidity; Day, Night

APPROX 20-35%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

NO OPEN AIR IN SEPARATE WORK SHOP/GARAGE

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

NONE

Co2; Yes, No

NO

1 Like

Looks like you have some dark downward curling leaves and slight burn…probably excess nitrogen. I’m not familiar with the steps you’d take with your organic soil to deal with that. Maybe contact them and ask what they advise.

Out of curiosity I just googled it and couldn’t find anything specifically addressing nitrogen toxicity in an organic living soil grow but I did read about excess nitrogen in flowering stage causing smaller buds.

3 Likes

Is it getting to 45°f at night? Thats cold for her. And can cause leaves to wilt. No way really to over N your plants if u are just giving water in a organic soil. I would check your run off for ph and ppm. It maybe out of wack.

4 Likes

Also I grow autos on 18/6 light schedule. And by looking at ur node spacing your light is to far away. Hard to tell exactly by the pic. A pic of the whole plant would help

1 Like

That’s kinda what I was thinking…but it does look like it doesn’t it?

2 Likes

@Azm3 I grow outdoor too and agree Temps and humidity might be getting a little low for it at night. I haven’t grow autos outdoor yet though. Here when it starts getting in the 50 to 40’s in VT we are closer to harvest. So I’m not to sure about your climate. Being in a garage with a light works but then is worry about light leak for flower. I too do 18/6 for lighting on my autos indoors.

2 Likes

Yes it does. Check this place out. Always helps me diagnose my plants.

2 Likes

@Azm3 Looks like you got alot of Nitrogen in the medium its fine dont feed on the next watering just straigh 6.5 ph w/cal mag and the excess nitrogen the plant will use it up and normalize in a couple days hope that help

@HeavyRoller and @Azm3 at some point someone who is not familiar with organic water only grows will give you some bad advice. Make sure to weed those out before further damage is done to ur grow.

@Azm3 actually looks like a combo of to much Nuits i see burning and clawing to much nitro and phos just chill with the feeding just calmag ph water to 6.5 next and see what happens

1 Like

That’s why I’m so confused…I dont feed these at all…nothing but water…!!!..this is a water only mix…and very little water at all…this mix retains water so much it can drown them if you get carried away…well over 30 daye between watering as a rule…I’ve never had this issue before…along with the stretching…I have a 1000w HPS about 4ft above…and they have stretched massively…!!!..I would think any closer with that huge light it would burn them…!!!..I’m back to my newbie grow days with this one…lol…so I’m blaming the genetics…lol…

2 Likes

I dont think its nute burn. Your temps I believe. The claw leaf could be wind burn as well.

I would disagree…not outside except in my detached garage…not heated but it is insulated very well so it holds the day heat nicely…

Dont sweat it unless it gets ramped. Keep battling the water to keep it right and watch it closely for more tip burn. Living soil is pretty hot stuff when it gets real wet for a long time. Had this happen on my first outdoor grow when she saw the hot layer for the first time on the bottom of the pot. Or at least that’s what I read. Good luck, good to see you back

Also.bud, try the back of the hand rule with the light. Where you put your hand of the top of the plant and if you cant hold it there because of the heat, the light is too close and needs to be raised.
Hope this helps

@Azm3 What kind of soil cause that soil looks mushy you should be in coco or a promix dont use miracle grow or anything else or your gonna run into problems like i didnt take over watering into consideration but now that you brought that up it could be your main prob but man thats tough.