Autoflower directly germinating in foxfarm soil

HAVE PEOPLE LICK WITH STARTING FROM SEED DIRECTLY IN FOXFARM OCEAN OR FROG SOIL? MY QUESTION PERTAINS TO THESE SOILS BEING VERY NUTRIENT HEAVY AND POSSIBLY TOO MUCH FOR THE LITTLE SPROUT OR SEEDLING. :seedling: :seedling:

Ocean Forest can cause problems for a seedling. I start my seedlings in Happy Frog and have never had a problem.

1 Like

I’ve started seeds directly in both Happy Frog and Ocean Forest with no problems.

1 Like

good to know, thank you!

thank you

I start seedlings in open forest, but the top inch or two are heavy in seed starter because it drains really well and makes it harder to drown you seedlings.

I start in Happy Frog and have not yet had any problems. I am careful not to pack it and keep it out of standing water.

First time grower here using FFOF. I used one of those peat pods made by Jiffy to germinate my seed. Just tossing it out there as another option you may not have considered.

EDIT; I guess they are called “peat pellets”, but they expand to little self contained pots that are about the size of a short shot glass.

@Ingmar let me say this I germinate using cup/paper towel method and then as soon as she has a 1/4 or longer tail she goes straight into a 5 gallon plastic bucket with 90% fox farms ocean forest and about 10 to 15% of a raised bed soil mixture. at about 3,5 weeks i start feeding and it has worked since i tweaked it from my 1st grow and got this combination :wink: never have any problems doing this

1 Like