Autoflower Day 10 Happy Frog and Ocean Forest 50/50 Mix

Digging the grow man! Starting my first grow soon and came across this thread seeking info on foxfarm soil. Read that you use a 50/50 of Happy Ftog & Ocean Forest, is that mixed or layered? You stated your using RO water (what is that) And how are you PHing your water?

Both of which are a great soil and great mixes. RO water is reverse osmosis, it’s a form of water filtration. With ro water you don’t ph unless you add something to it.

2 Likes

@DankSinatra i mix them I do 2-3 scoops of happy frog and one of oceans forest and mix it together real good

2 Likes

@Autos-only What if I can’t get ahold of a filtration system? The tap water here is deff a no go, it’s to hard. What are my alternatives?

@Smokerholicc Okay. I’ve also read it’s good to mix about 20% perlite to FF soils, is this accurate & if so how much would that account for?
Plan on growing in 5gal fabric pots

@DankSinatra i use a ro water called PRIMO

1 Like

@DankSinatra i didn’t use any of that just straight soil on a 3 gal fabric pot been going good so far

1 Like

NICE!! That is what im striving to accomplish. I also do the 18/6, and while ive had a plethora of other issues, lighting seemed to be on point. Good advice. Thats just my super newb opinion though

1 Like

@Smokerholicc where do you get that?

1 Like

@DankSinatra walmart or Publix

1 Like

Okay thanks.

They really are looking beautiful!! Let them grow and stretch up. Couple weeks and you will be starting to smell “the smell” haha! Keep us updated, The exciting part is here.

This is were mine current is, smells are really starting to develop. The Zkittlez has a special smell to me that I just appreciate and can’t get enough… smells like a fruit roll up/fruit loops in early flower and then develops a little more kush/funk but never overpowers the sweet fruit!

3 Likes

@DankSinatra looks like everyone’s got you covered with the water options.

Another cheap alternative would be a zero water off Amazon, I was at my parents a few weeks back and saw my father picked one up, me being intrigued I asked if I could bring some of that water home to test. Sure enough my blue lab TDS meter read 0… and the cheap TDS meter that came with it read the same as my blue lab when testing my tap… I was impressed…

One down side to using pure water is, there are no trace elements… you must provide everything and your nutrient solution must be balanced.
Some people run into deficiencies using RO water but that’s not the waters fault you’re just not feeding enough…

I like RO water because it allow me to precisely add what I want without any guessing and no extras.

2 Likes

@Autos-only those are amazing I’m ready for mine to start budding up like that I just moved my light up a couple of days ago so I’ve been checking every 5 mins to see what it’ll do :joy:

1 Like

Awesome!! They will!! For sure!!

Just keep an eye out for drooping or leaf yellowing, kinda like. Magnesium deficiency. I’ll find some pictures of led light stress and post them.

@Smokerholicc

1 Like

@Autos-only my humidity is reading 64 in my tent right now is that ok

@Autos-only @Smokerholicc

Ive been treating this one like a photo and she threw a bitch fit… turns out shes an auto… going to the flower room to live the rest of her days tonight…

4 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin @Autos-only quick question in pre flowering or flowering do I need more light I have both plants under a 100w light I was going to add another light that’s 150 so together it’s 250 but when should I add the light in?

1 Like

Always add more light. Im pushing 1300 on 6

2 Likes