Autoflower Day 10 Happy Frog and Ocean Forest 50/50 Mix

This was a client of mine over the winter, first time grower… he had a 4x8 tent and 3 sp1000s.

I told he needed way more lighting….
I told him to use just one side of the tent 4x4…
at first he was really good and as the grow went along he started to stop listening… acting like he knew everything because he had healthy plants and forgot who got him there… then he proceeded filling the entire tent 27 plants… with a 3 month veg…
I said what are you doing?? You don’t have enough light for good coverage or penetration… no where even near… he said I’m not wasting my time… I said well you’re wasting mine… this was as far as the plants made it… unfortunately it was a total loss and he fell flat on his face…

2 Likes

@Autos-only i listen to everything you tell me lol and I ask multiple questions just to make sure I got a good understanding I wouldn’t have gotten this far without some of your guidance and I hope you see it through until the very end with me :partying_face::100:

I didn’t mean that like (you) need to listen to me, there are many people on here more knowledgeable than I.

Giving guidance online is much more difficult than actually walking into someone’s home or a grow facility… much easier to look and pin point issues.

1 Like

I try to pick up tips from every one but when y’all all say the same thing or all on the same page with a certain subject I be so hype cause I know I’m bout to get some good info and I love how quick everybody responds

@Autos-only @HMGRWN @OGIncognito @ChittyChittyBangin

So the one that’s pre flowering should I keep it tied down or can I let her relax and do her thang?

2 Likes

My first light was maybe 200w. It was cheap, no brand but did ok for a newbie. When it died, I got a Mars Hydro T-1000 (150w) This was my rig for almost 2 years and although I never got dense nugs or a big harvest, I was able to supply myself with pretty good weed. Better weed than the “mid” I was paying $100.00 for and close to the $300.00 stuff available. A few months ago I got another T-1000 then a bigger tent.
As @Autos-only said, my harvests got better as I learned more and got more light. Now, with my limited knowledge, I feel I can use bigger lights more effectively and got a single 450w. Better lights may have helped along the way but look at it this way. “A fancy expensive hammer does not make you a good carpenter.” A good carpenter can make something great using a rock for a hammer, and a lousy gardener can stunt a plant in pure, natural sunshine.

That.s the truth.

3 Likes

You may even need to tie down more as it grows. It just depends on how she grows.

4 Likes

Those lights should be ok for 2 plants and solid advice from @Autos-only and the lighting. I also do not use a net, I like to top and LST my autos and photos :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

60 watt Blurple and thought I could grow and finish 3 plants under it :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I know a guy that still does… he’s happy with it.
At least I think he stills grows… his mobility has definitely went down hill.

2 Likes

I just heard that the more watts you have the bigger yields

1 Like

Yes and no, there are limiting factors.

More light will give you the possibility of more weight…

2 Likes

@Autos-only you mind explaining before I go buy this 400w light lol so in your opinion do I need it or can I still get nice yields with what I have

1 Like

Choice is yours brother, more light is better but I don’t want you to think that if you go out and spend $400 on a light all your problems will be gone and it’s gonna make this huge difference right away.

Make sure you do your research and buy a quality light! Samsung lm301 diodes.

2 Likes

@Autos-only @ChittyChittyBangin @HMGRWN @OGIncognito

I just checked this one and it’s growing crazy how should I tie this one down?

@Smokerholicc sorry im late to the game, work calls :rofl::rofl: but as far as your lights go, get this grow done with what you have. Start saving up for a HLG 320XL. I started with a vivosun vs2000 and its good for 1 plant maybe 2 if i want crappy yields. Start saving your money and upgrade your light for your next grow.

As far as tying down, its what ypu feel comfortable with

1 Like

@ChittyChittyBangin i wana tie down I just don’t know where to start bending

Longer branches with at least 2 nodes

2 Likes

The “footprint” of your grow, the size of the canopy (top of the plants) needs approx 35-50 watts per sq. ft. So a 2x4 tent with wall to wall green tops would need around 400 watts full spectrum light to produce max buds.

As it grows, tie the branches down so that they are all the same across the top.

2 Likes

The top of the canopy looks great, I let mine grow a few inches past the tie downs before I adjust. I only LST until I’ve built the structure I like where all main growth branches look sorta like a clock and want them to reach 24-30-“ so once their all trained to grow in that clock pattern I only adjust the tie downs as need to keep the canopy even. I focus on the top branches until the lowers have reached the upper growth’s height :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes