Autoflower actual timeframe..?

Is there an autoflower over 20% thc that actually takes 8 weeks germ to harvest… with a decent yield? Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Cited times are flowering time and not seed to harvest time. Flowering begins when pistils appear at the tips of the plant. Autos usually begin flowering at some point between 4 and 7 weeks.

4 Likes

I’ve grown gorilla auto, girlscout auto and Northern lights auto. All those have take 12-14 weeks out of dirt

5 Likes

This where people get confused when they see the information that is on packs of auto flower seeds or on the website of the seed banks ive seen on seed bank websites that its 8-9 weeks from seed to harvest which is a lie its more like 8-9 weeks from the start of flower to the end of flowering cause u normally have up to four to six weeks of veg i think seed banks need to say 8-9 weeks from the start of flower not from seed to harvest . correct me if im wrong

5 Likes

I’ve wondered if they were grown if perfect conditions, perfect lights, temperatures, nutes, excess co2… if it would matter or or cause them to mature more quickly. I always have some issue it seems, so I wouldn’t know :rofl:

I’m surprised the seedbanks make that claim

Yah i know they must have people who grow them in a environment.i know the seed bank i use say 70 days from flower

1 Like

Welcome ! I have grown several different auto strains . But yet to get one finished in 8 weeks to satisfy me. As @bonger Mentioned more like 12 to 14 weeks. Auto usually start flowering Between 4 to 7 weeks from seed. Good luck with your autos!

7 Likes

i grew blue dream auto from ILGM outside, seed to harvest in 8 weeks. it was late summer really intense heat, in the south.

the smoke was fantastic, and the plant yielded an ounce. unfortunately i’m smoking it faster than i can grow it.

my profile pic is the plant trimmed.

it’s like that <cheap, fast, high quality> triangle. you can have two but not all three.

if you want to speed up your grow, you will sacrifice weight. plain and simple

1 Like

Ok, so then… then why would you want to grow an auto? easier? don’t have to follow 12/12 light schedule? If they are not much faster than a photoperiod and most are not heavy yielding or really high in thc (26%+) what draws everyone to them??

I like auto as fillin. Can run them in my veg or clone/seed tents on the 18/6 schedule. That allows me to run my 12/12 tent without light changes. No stress on flip and can run several strains mixed in other tents. Have a lemon and a gg in with mother and clones right now. Flower tent has 9 photo.

2 Likes

I grew this zkittlez auto for 78 days from seed. It was flavorful and Very Strong. It Mitigated my aches and pains and Stoned me during the day. And at night it slept me, especially when tired

4 Likes

There’s high thc autos Dutch passion skywalker haze is about 25% but I like to grow autos because they’re challenges , how well and fast can I grow these plants before they flip , also some phenos are massive this banana blaze auto will be at least 5 ounces( probably closer to 6.5)

5 Likes

Man imagine how big that thing woulda got in a 10 gallon. That is a lot of growth for a small pot.

1 Like

Imagine how big it would’ve grown outside instead of a corner of a tent where it got 1/2 the light it could’ve

1 Like

Some people start 12/12 from seedling with photoperiod. This usually causes crazy tall plants, hard to train. But if you have 6+ ft tents/ceilings. This way of growing photoperiods will give you a higher yield and a faster harvest than autos. Since the gene that makes an auto, an auto. Is also the gene that produces the smallest cannabis plants. While they try to selectively breed out half a gene, it only kind of works. Anyone can say a photo yield will more with more veg time. I’m telling you a photo with a full life on 12/12 with enough dli will not only produce more yield. It’ll be stronger and take less time. Autos make no sense to me. Unless you have a huge operation and are under financed. Since photos take more care.

By care I mean being astute. Since autos don’t reveg or hermie from light leaks… make sure timers are right . Doors are closed… if you can do these two things. You don’t need autos… they are not easier.

4 Likes

Absolutely going to toss 1 of my clones in the flower tent soon as roots. If what you are suggesting works on it off to the races. I have the headroom. I have always assumed…
.yea that word…I HAD to vegem. Man that would save weeks. Especially since the clones mature faster. Will it work with a clone or just seed? We shall see starting in about 2 more weeks. Thanks a ton. I love love love farting around experimenting.

1 Like

The people I know who do this to it from seed. If you do what you are talking about. You do many in small pots and it’s called a SoG. Clones are already mature plants. You won’t get the same stretch as throwing immature plants on a 12/12 prematurely. It’s actually a survival reflex in photoperiods. Clones are past that in maturity.

You can do exactly what you are talking about. In fact. A lot of the industry does. That’s a sea of green (SoG). It uses lots of clones with no veg time.

So yes. You can easily achieve higher yields and greater product. But you need more clones than you would seedlings. And a SoG product would be higher potency and bud density too. It’s actually about the smartest way to grow pro imo. Lowest overhead.

1 Like

This is my first SoG right now - ILGM Super Skunk monster-cropped clones. I gave them almost a month of veg and root development in the 1 gal bags fore the flip. i could have flipped sooner - not sure about immediately after rooting, but by 2-3 wks after they’d probably do well.
Clones pulled last week of Sept, Root Riot cubes into 1gal bags on the 12th or 14 of Oct., flipped to flower last Thursday.
Mother earth coco/peat, Jacks 321 w/MKP , and Mammoth P twice at start in bags and yesterday.

They grew a couple of inches last night alone…they are hitting their stride.

99% of commercial growers are using clones vrs seeds. Too many variables in a room of 1000 potentially different phenotypes. Clones provide them a uniformity crucial to cranking out product quickly and uniformly.

Based on this experience i’ll be doing a clone grow of every photo grow once i decide which plant is the best.
@beardless is THE SoG guy and I’m totally stealing all his ideas and insight for my next go. This one was an entirely spur of the moment(I tell the woman - LOL) decision! But I’m loving it!!.

edit: That’s 12 1gal bags and 4 little plastic pots in a 2.3x2.3 Spider Farmer tent with 1 Spider Farmer SF-2000 and 2 SF-1000 giving 380w +/-. I’m running at about 55% atm.

4 Likes

Hmmm. I HATED scrog. Could not accept the net in my way. I am hands on. But trying a sog straight 12/12 clones yea. Suggested pot size? Expectations on a canopy height within a foor or so? Do I rain fire on them or treatem as veg till turn? I have 11 gg4 rooting right now. 1 of 12 gave up…lol. I am totally willing to put them to work in a sog. Right now I am finishing an experiment with pot sizes/training methods and will be able to use 4x4 of flower tent and my light rail. Broke out all my little qboards this round. Tall…short…fat skinny…sigh. I would appreciate ANY advice and feedback good or critical. Will be a blast.

1 Like

I have been cloning this gg for 2 years. Super comfy with her however she goes.