Auto WW Cal deficiency?

Generally true. I accidentally introduced gnats into my grow space by keeping a couple of soil plants and then having a houseplant move into the room with me. They just rode along into the space. The gnats seemed to like the hydroton but not care much about the water. They preferred the soil containers and once the soil containers were adequately treated, they moved to my coco. They’re living there now and being eradicated slowly.

Regarding mosquito bits or dunks - I would soak a dunk or two in a gallon of water for a while (24 hrs?) and then add the water sans dunk into the reservoir. It will be like concentrated mosquito killer that dispenses evenly throughout your system. That will kill any larvae or anything that would be living in the root system.

Sticky traps are always good. First warning you have an invader.

Second good option is to treat once a week or so with Captain Jack’s Dead Bug or similar cannabis friendly bug killer - it will keep infestations that may try to move in at a minimum as they’ll die before the life cycle can complete.

3 Likes

Agreed and I think the best defense is to make sure the grow room and house are free of them, so I’ll be treating soil plants, fruit bowl, etc, etc. Honestly I think it’s a one-off as was mentioned a bit ago.

Thanks @Graysin

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower well my armor SI came in today, and I was wondering if I could switch to Jack’s 321 from Flora? If so, I’ll do it with this weekend res change.

2 Likes

Not a problem. Absolutely! Good luck. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just wanted to send you guys an update, a couple of new pictures, and of course my thanks again!

Everything is looking up because of all of you who helped :slight_smile:

Here are the two plants :slight_smile:

The second picture is the smaller of the two plants at about 1/2 the height of the first but she’s catching up this week :slight_smile: I switched to Jacks 321 last week. I’m using AC Infinity S33 LED and it’s now at 100% at 18 inches above canopy since Saturday and I haven’t noticed any issues with the change in intensity/height.

Quick simple questions I think, at this time in development I’ve read that the plants like a little cooler temperature around 77° instead of 80 or 82°. First, is that right? Second, should I still target 50% humidity or should I target a middle acceptable VPD?

2 Likes

Guys is this a flower starting?? It’s at the top of the smaller plant.

1 Like

If you can keep it around 75-80, that’ll be good
50-60 rh is good. Make sure you keep the center kind of cleaned out so it can get light. And, plenty of air movement.
My whole grow runs about 78-85*f and just about always pushes 50-60 rh. You do what you can to keep’em growin.

There are ways to optimize your grow. You just need to read up on it and decide what works best for you. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Does this look better or do I need to do more? I think I can still remove more of those larger leaves near the top, is that right?

1 Like

Na. That’s great! I would just watch her grow for a min. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it yet. Keep an eye though - she may be deciding it’s time since she’s an auto!

1 Like

Thanks brother, hopefully soon because I don’t feel like trying to make the grow tent completely dark lol

I’d close yourself into the grow tent during lights out and see what seeps in. I bet it’s minimal. Pinpricks of light where the zippers got stitched in or small tears in the Mylar. Those aren’t enough to harm anyone more often than not. Outdoors, plants have to contend with the light of a full moon or a star-filled sky. If you have light leaks that are equivalent to an outdoor night’s ambient light, you’ll be in fine shape to do a 12-12 to induce flowering. I don’t think you need to. Your plant is so young still that I wouldn’t be even remotely worried that she won’t flower on her own.

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks bro! I was just doing the math and you are 100% correct, they are doing just fine schedule wise!

I think the tent is pretty much sealed and light proof, all joking aside. The exhaust fan has the carbon filter mounted so no light comes in there, the intakes are two S-curve 6” ducting with black AC filter material on the end (to prevent dog for as much as light.)

So I’m gonna continue the 20 and four :slight_smile:

:v::100: you’re absolutely on track. Keep on keeping on.

I’m with @Graysin here. Just about everybody has done it or needs to do it. The thing is, you need to be in there for several min. to give you eyes a chance to get acclimated to the dark. Then look around all the seems. Hard to find a good light proof tent. When we had a tent, we had to buy blackout curtains from Walmart and hang over our tent to make it light proof.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I have a UbiBot in there that measures environment including light and after lights out it’s reporting 0.5 to 0.7 lux (which is less than .01 par.) - that will have to do until this grow is over. I also found a piece of equip that needs to have it’s LEDs taped lol

I’m loving growing because every day it’s something different! Until today I had to run a humidifier inside the tent, now today I can’t keep the tent dry enough and nothing has changed. I refilled the res last night and this morning I found it’s more than a gallon short, so, I’m assuming the plants are transpiring more and it will increase more through most of flowering. Is that right?

In any case, I’ll be replacing the humidifier with dehumidifier today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower ive removed about 10 sets of leaves with big damage but haven’t see anything since that tiny black gnat flying around a few days ago.

What do ya think?

1 Like

If you saw one, there are more you aren’t seeing. Trust me, I got complacent about a gnat and I’ve been battling a gnat infestation now for about two months. It’s exhausting.

2 Likes

@Graysin thanks bro, i hit the tent with the neem spray before even answering ya lol! I plan to do it again in 3 days, just in case then see what happens.

cheers :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

You’re gonna get damaged leaves from time to time. It doesn’t look like anything to worry about. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes