Auto won't flower

8 week old GSC Extreme Autos are stretching, but not even showing any pistils yet. What’s going on? 24/7 indoor grow, my other autos showed sex at 4 weeks, confusing.

Welcome ! Sometimes you will get a stubborn one. If not already cut lights schedule back to 12/12.

Ok, I’m confused, they’re Autos, so how could going 12/12 help?

1 Like

Cutting the lights Schedule will encourage it to flower autos will grow just fine on 12/12. What is your light schedule now?

Also, keeping it at a 24/7 light schedule doesn’t give the plant any down time to recover… I’ve been recommended to go no higher than 21 hours or it can actually begin to slow down growth.

2 Likes

I have a Northern Lights auto that took a long long time to start flowering.
I have had to tie down several branches to keep it under the lights.
Sometimes the ruderalis genes are not so strong.

2 Likes

Going down the rabbit hole…
Sleep is essential for all living things.
You’ll want to figure out your DLI (daily light integral) so based on what lights your using and how much PPFD they are providing will help with choosing how many hours are needed to optimize your lighting along with plant growth regardless of stage. It changes with what stage they are in. If your lights provide enough PPFD 12 hours may be enough if not more daylight hours may be needed for optimization.

She will either start flowering soon or maybe it’s a photo seed mix up either from packaging or one of nature’s mysteries where the seed wasn’t mixed up but just didn’t take that Auto trigger? I’m just theorizing on this so take it for what it is as to why it hasn’t started flowering.

Hope this helps

1 Like

I’ve had autos planted at the same time start flowering 3-4 weeks apart…it happens

1 Like